This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stihl Chainsaw.

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Stihl Chainsaw.

Postby Yogie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Your Stihl chain saws are probably the most common and easier to get serviced. As for power a Husqvarna is top notch, I've never used a saw that cut so fast or had higher RPM's than one of those. They really scream... :shock:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Stihl Chainsaw.

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Chisel chain is the square edge the chipper chain is less forgiving. One hit of the dirt and the edge is gone on the chisel chain. But the speed of cutting i unmatched with the chisel chain. On my bigger power heads 85cc and up we ran the skip tooth chains on the 28'' bars and bigger. I never noticed a difference in the cutting speed too. I figured the less teeth the faster the chain would cut with the longer bars.

I run nothing but the husqvarna's and i been running them since the late 70's. No days off because of break downs these always started up.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Projects Forum”