This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Safety

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Safety

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 pm

I picked up a few things to add more safety lighting to our cubs.
Harbor Freight has this red and yellow magnetic light set up on sale about all the time for $10.oo
I had enough wire and trailer plug ends left over to cover that much expense.
With a little cutting here and there I now have 2 really nice safety lights that will work great any place I need them. I started to go with gator clips but I don't want to remove the battery box lid each time I use them so I'll need to add some type of fast connection, that should be pretty easy. :wink:
Also order some LED lights from a place in St. Louis called Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
I couldn't find any at the local parts store and Bear32055 pointed the direction to go. I can't wait to install them and see what happens, they also had red lights for the rear mounted light. Priced around $5 each...
Back to the safety lights, the place also sells small flashing units that I installed in the base of the magnetic lights. They also cost about $5 each.
So I have 2 nice bright flashing lights for about $10 each.... I'm thrilled with that. :{_}:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Cub Safety

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Good idea Yogie. Better leave them off until after the Tug though. You don't want any additional wind resistance. :lol:

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:41 am

Yogie, these are all 12 volt items, correct?
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:46 am

Winfield Dave wrote:Yogie, these are all 12 volt items, correct?

Dave, this place sells about anything you need in the LED line for 6 and 12 volts. As for the HB magnet lights the bulb looks to be a 1157 so I'm guessing it can be changed out if needed.

Check them out at www.superbrightleds.com
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Return to “Projects Forum”