This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Making Farm trailer out of camping trailer

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Making Farm trailer out of camping trailer

Postby leerenovations » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 am

I decided that my old Apache popup trailer was a total loss after the tree crashed on it last winter. But i thought this would be the perfect chance to strip all of the body of it and use the frame, axle, wheels, and etc to make a small two wheel farm trailer for light use. Ive already pulled off all of the stuff down to the bare frame. Hoping this will turn out. Will include pics later.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

OliverFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18822
eBay ID: ranger_jer

Re: Making Farm trailer out of camping trailer

Postby OliverFarmall » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:30 am

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
22 sickle bar mower x2
23A tandem disc harrow
144 cultivator (#53 & #97 spring tooth)
154 leveling and grader blade
189 moldboard plow 2-way
193 moldboard plow x2

spring tooth harrows
David Bradley planter (modded for Cub)

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm

I made a 'utility' trailer out of an old viking popup we no longer needed. Used it for a few years, then put new bearings seals and tires on it and donated it to Red Bird Mission in KY. Last I heard they use it all the time to haul all sorts of stuff around the grounds.
Those Apache popups were cool, you could tow one with just about any car.
I like the re-use concept !

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm

When I first got my cub, I used one of the BIG Apache pop ups that was gutted, with the sides intact and a fold down tailgate to haul the cub around plowing gardens

Return to “Projects Forum”