This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

sand blast cabinet

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

sand blast cabinet

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:55 am

I've started the "design phase" of a sand blast cabinet, being made from a 275 gallon home heating oil tank. This will give me a 28 inch deep, 5 foot wide, cabinet. I need to open the bottom of the tank, to make a tapered area, to direct the sand to the pick up pipe. A door will be cut into the right side end, a little over 2 feet, square. This will allow a cub rear rim, to fit. I'll buy the window and glove kits, from TP tool. 12 x33 inch window, should be sufficient. I have a massive old air compressor, currently at the county agricultural high school, for evaluation, to power it. THe compressor was pumping a lot of oil, so it will likely be rebuilt, at the school. (Ingersol Rand, type 30, model 5 30 S, with a 5 hp. motor, as big around as a 5 gallon bucket)
I don't do pictures, but I can probably bribe Bob Perry, to come over and take some. I should be out there, now, instead of sitting at the computer! Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: sand blast cabinet

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Ed:

I know you "don't do pictures", but I can actually picture this project just from the description. Do see if you can con Bob into coming over to take pics of your project. I am looking forward to seeing the completed blast cabinet.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: sand blast cabinet

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Ed I can learn you [ not teach :D ] how the next time I see ya, much EZer the way I do it
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Projects Forum”