This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

License Plate Art

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

License Plate Art

Postby Brandon Webb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Been working on this for about a year rounding up plates. Harder than you'd think trying to not have the same color plates touching bordering states. I also only used raised letter stamped plates not the newer printed on plates so it cost a lot more than it should have.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: License Plate Art

Postby Scrivet » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Brandon Webb wrote:.........Harder than you'd think trying to not have the same color plates touching bordering states.....
Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't be difficult :lol: but I bet you're right Missouri and Tennessee took some thought to work out. (Both touch eight other states)

That is a very impressive work of art! Good job!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Nice job, I bet you wish those New England states had been a little bigger too. :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Wait a minute............ where's Delaware?
I think I see a hole where Delaware should be. Is that because Delaware has those goofy flat plates if I remember correctly. (Never did trust a state where they only needed five digits to give everybody a plate and the prisoners weren't strong enough to punch the numbers.) :lol: :wink:

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 am

Hey what's wrong with 5 digits?? I have one with 4 numbers and the other is 2 letters and 3 numbers (my initials). RI does have 6 numbers now.
:roll:
That is pretty dang awesome Brandon. Nice work! But I think the iceberg (or wildfire) is still bigger than the smallest state with the longest name :roll: .
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Projects Forum”