This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help with custom implement

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Help with custom implement

Postby leerenovations » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:03 am

Im making a rear toolbar like thing that I can cultivate, disk hill, and whatever else with. I have a ferguson lister planter frame with two middle busters on it. They are removable. ANd I have a lot of used 2 x 2 steel. Im thinking of welding a bolt on addition to the planter frame to add the toolbars. WHat I need to know is what clamps do I need to attach items to the tollbar. Never used something like this but Ive seen them being sold. My idea is to only use what I have to have at the time and make it convertible for different jobs. Ive already figured out how to attach danish s tines as a field cultivator. Ive seen the IH calamps but dont know how to use them. ALso what do I need to buy to use it as a regular rowcrop cultivator and what average diameters are the disk hiller shafts.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Re: Help with custom implement

Postby randallc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:29 am

I think you are talking about a wedge cuff clamp that holds the tool on the bar. Isn't cub bar 1 1/4 inch? The clamps are mounted, hammer tighten the wedge then lock it with the nut. Post a photo of your handy work when you can.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Re: Help with custom implement

Postby leerenovations » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:06 am

Great, still trying to clabber all the parts together.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

Return to “Projects Forum”