This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cubarama Has Been Cancelled.

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Cubarama Has Been Cancelled.

Postby Barnyard » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:53 pm

Jamie and Frank and I talked Friday to discuss Cubarama. She was worried that if the governor shuts the state down, the city would not let her use the park. If that happened she would be out the start up money it would cost to put the show on.

This evening she sent me a text telling me she has decided to play it safe and cancel. As expected, this has saddened her quite a bit. I'm sure she will be along soon to let everybody know also.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Re: Cubarama Has Been Cancelled.

Postby T-Mo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 am

Although I'm disappointed, I feel cancelling is the right thing to do - too many variables that may hinder or make it impossible to have the show. As I mentioned on facebook, Jamie can't control what the governor nor the city officials will do.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

I expected this might happen, and though I am as disappointed as everyone else is or will be, it is the right decision. :( So, I'll have another year to assemble a nice set of trivia questions :!: :{_}:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

cubbrian
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47631
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub w/9 different 1 point implements
1948 Cub
1948 McCormick W-6
1949 H
1949 M
1961 560 w/ 412 fast hitch plow
1966 140
1973 666
Allis Chalmers C w/sickle mower
Case 400
Economy 14 hp tractor

Postby cubbrian » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:I expected this might happen, and though I am as disappointed as everyone else is or will be, it is the right decision. :( So, I'll have another year to assemble a nice set of trivia questions :!: :{_}:

Bud, you could just reuse last year's questions. I've already forgotten the questions, never mind the answers.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:14 pm

I hate to see it cancelled, it is about the only thing I go to anymore, but I agree, it is the correct decision.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I hate to see it cancelled, it is about the only thing I go to anymore, but I agree, it is the correct decision.

There is a tractor show and tractor pull just north of Warrenton on August 15. I might go to that one. It's a one day thingy.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:51 pm

T-Mo wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I hate to see it cancelled, it is about the only thing I go to anymore, but I agree, it is the correct decision.

There is a tractor show and tractor pull just north of Warrenton on August 15. I might go to that one. It's a one day thingy.
I have been to that one a couple times, and it is a pretty good show, but with Joann taking radiation treatments following breast cancer surgery I am staying home.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:27 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

I have been to that one a couple times, and it is a pretty good show, but with Joann taking radiation treatments following breast cancer surgery I am staying home.

Unless it rains or if something comes up, I probably will go to that one next Saturday. But, then again, maybe not. With this virus thingy ramping up again, I might just stay home that day. If I do go, I was thinking on bringing my '44 B with me. It's been getting a lot of work lately moving stuff around, mainly big rocks that are in the way.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”