Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 am

Bill,
Look at taking highway 20 off I-75 about 30 to 40 miles outside Atlanta over to Highway 369. That will bring you all the way to Gainesville, Ga. It would cut quite a bit of time off your travels. Its a good state route and its not too hilly either, nice drive. I can give you the rest of the details if your interested? (about 12 more miles)

Ron

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 am

Kodiak wrote:Bill,
The Atlanta rush hour last from about 7 am till about 8 pm

:bellylaugh:

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Ron, If it gets me there sooner I'm all for it.

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Bill,

The state road 20 route from Cartersville, GA to Cumming, GA to Gillsville, GA is the ticket. Go to Google Maps and it'll give you the details and directions. Save travels friends!!

Corky

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm

or if you wanted you could get off at exit 306 in adairville and take 140 t0 hwy 108, drive by my house (and wave) and keep going until you hit gainesville :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:35 pm

phildidit wrote:or if you wanted you could get off at exit 306 in adairville and take 140 t0 hwy 108, drive by my house (and wave) and keep going until you hit gainesville :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Actually, there would be a whole lot less traffic on this route, and some darn pretty country side along the way too! Phil, is that hwy 411/Fairmont out at 75?

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 pm

it is exit 306 highway 140, off I-75 turn left and then you will cross over 411 then get to 108and turn left, then drive to gainesville. it is a lot less traffic and very pretty

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:34 pm

i want to come up either 129 or 441. where do i hang a left to head west?

Re: STONETHROW V

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 pm

dirtyred wrote:i want to come up either 129 or 441. where do i hang a left to head west?


David, if you come up 441, follow it all the way up to interstate 85N, go one exit SOUTH to exit #147 and turn right. The follow the signs to Gillsville. Just before town, you'll see the white barrell with the IH on it at Kodiak's shop driveway on the left...

Safe travels!

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Man this Corky guy gives some good directions for someone who hasn't been to my place from his house the same way twice :? :mrgreen:

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:...you'll see the white barrell with the IH on it at Kodiak's shop driveway on the left...

Safe travels!

I'm gonna move that barrel about half mile down the road! :twisted:

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:
dirtyred wrote:i want to come up either 129 or 441. where do i hang a left to head west?


David, if you come up 441, follow it all the way up to interstate 85N, go one exit SOUTH to exit #147 and turn right. The follow the signs to Gillsville. Just before town, you'll see the white barrell with the IH on it at Kodiak's shop driveway on the left...

Safe travels!


:big give up: :lost:

Wouldn't it be better when coming up 441 to hang a left just before the RR tracks and go down the main drag in Commerce? Otherwise he will go all the way to Banks Xing (the outlet malls) then he would have to double back just to get on the same road. Maybe I'm just to simple minded.. Or is that just for us locals.. :mrgreen:

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Ellen,
You would be absolutely correct. He might even be better off to take hwy 11 out of Gray, Ga. all the way to Winder then spur 82 to Maysville and up 52 to Gillsville :D

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Kodiak wrote:Man this Corky guy gives some good directions for someone who hasn't been to my place from his house the same way twice :? :mrgreen:



LOL!!! :lol: I plead guilty your honor to a poorly-developed sense of direction! :lol:

Re: STONETHROW V

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Kodiak wrote:Ellen,
You would be absolutely correct. He might even be better off to take hwy 11 out of Gray, Ga. all the way to Winder then spur 82 to Maysville and up 52 to Gillsville :D


Yes, then he would come through Monroe and be 1/4 mile from my house... :{_}:
I think BR has been that way..