Re: Deep South CubFest projects

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 am

Mr. Roy,

If I can I might better add my 71 to the list.

I got the valve unstuck and it stuck again.

I still have not had the time to get the new alternator working properly and I have issuses with the T/C.

Also I would like for someone to help me check the timing, and maybe the lights reinstalled.

I am off after Friday and may get around to most of this. I just have not had the time to work on it in the last couple of weeks. I would like to have it going by gardening time and that is right around the corner.

Looking foward to DSCF next week!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

OK Roy is this CF going to be like what we had at the Super Bowl stuff in Indy? Lots of stuff going on. How much is the Zip Line going to cost us? We had Great weather.
See everyone in a few days. I know not him again. Sorry.
Remember SAFETY
Be SAFE
Jeff
Last edited by Jeff Silvey on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Jeff Silvey wrote:OK Roy is this CF going to be like what we had at the Super Bowl stiff in Indy? ...

Yes, but without the fancy Fire Fighter badges.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

OK my bad it is stuff not stiff. Sorry.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Today, I picked up the splitting wedges from Phil. Boy, do those puppies look like they will do the job. Can't wait to put them to use at the DSCF. If you are doing anything with Cubs, sooner or later you are going to have to split, one or several. The wedges, in my opinion, are an essential tool to make the process much safer.

Bill

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Roy, I have a project Cub to bring that was running good last year, but won't start now. If it turns out to be a minor problem, I'd like to have its hydraulics looked at while we are there.

I ordered a carb kit from Steiner last week, but they called today to say it is on backorder. :( I was hoping to get a backup built to have on hand.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

John C wrote:Roy, I have a project Cub to bring that was running good last year, but won't start now. If it turns out to be a minor problem, I'd like to have its hydraulics looked at while we are there.

I ordered a carb kit from Steiner last week, but they called today to say it is on backorder. :( I was hoping to get a backup built to have on hand.

Get a kit from YT and have it shipped to Roy.