Barbeque Pig

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.

Barbeque Pig

Postby BIGHOSS » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm

http://photos.cubfest.com/albums/upload ... G_8553.JPG
I am ready for some pulled pork. Since the Tug has been cancelled, where will Bill Hudson show up this year with his super hi-tech smoker/grille?
1947 Cub S/N 9216 (My Dad's "Uncle Bob")

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give......Winston Churchill
BIGHOSS
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216 w/ C-22 Mower & C-144 Cultivator

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Barbeque Pig

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Ron, What dates do you have open? :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein
Bob McCarty
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 80501
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Winfield Dave » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

BIGHOSS wrote:... where will Bill Hudson show up this year with his super hi-tech smoker/grille?
Maybe if Mike [ in Wisconsin, abroad, in western PA, in North Hills,PA ] gets settled in one place, he'll have a western Pa / eastern Ohio fest... :lol:
Bill H is somewhat in that vicinity. :sunning:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill
Winfield Dave
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Winfield Dave wrote:
BIGHOSS wrote:... where will Bill Hudson show up this year with his super hi-tech smoker/grille?
Maybe if Mike [ in Wisconsin, abroad, in western PA, in North Hills,PA ] gets settled in one place, he'll have a western Pa / eastern Ohio fest... :lol:

Yup, you betcha!!! We already have a MicroFest planned. Going to install a Woods 59 on Merlin.

Bill
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: :
57 F-Cub
64 Lo-Boy
68 Lo-Boy
52 F-Cub
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 pm

As for a pig roast, I'm going to save what little bit of life left in the spit for our annual family pig roast. When the spit quits this time there will be no more repairs. We determined that the spit is probably 30 years old and I used old bits/parts/pieces found on the farm to make it. So it has seen its service life and then some.

I really enjoyed roasting pigs at CubFests. It was really easy because people just showed up to put the pig on the spit and take it off. I really appreciated the help I got, its a lot more fun that way.

Bill
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub

57 F-Cub
64 Lo-Boy
68 Lo-Boy
52 F-Cub
Circle of Safety Award

Postby danovercash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 pm

I made pulled pork for the family reunion Saturday. Went over very well, 7 hours in the crock pot.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone but not forgotten!)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dansfarmallcub/
danovercash
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Hengy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:
Winfield Dave wrote:

Yup, you betcha!!! We already have a MicroFest planned. Going to install a Woods 59 on Merlin.

Bill

You betcha! (there's a Wisconsinism for you).

While my place is WAY too small to host a fest, I have access to a good deal of land on the family acreage, and might just plan a little bigger get-together next year...dirt to play in, field to mow, shop space to play in...Sounds like a plan to me!!!

If Bill is willing, I think a Pig Roast would just top off the festivities...we can round up the cooker if Bill is willin' to help with the fixin!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)
Hengy
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:38 pm

danovercash wrote:I made pulled pork for the family reunion Saturday. Went over very well, 7 hours in the crock pot.

ALL RIGHT!! Come on over to Chapel Hill tomorrow and do your thing!! I LOVE pulled pork!

We are having a mini-fest and replacing a rear seal on a '55 Cub Saturday...already have two folks to help...we can use anyone who wants to join us!
Dale Finch
Dale Finch
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '52 Cub "Bobbie"
'55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'48 Super A "Bubba"
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 pm

MikeInWisconsin wrote:...
If Bill is willing, I think a Pig Roast would just top off the festivities...we can round up the cooker if Bill is willin' to help with the fixin!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Mike,

Let me take a sneak peak at the prospective "cooker" on the 21st. Provided, of course, that you have the "cooker" identified.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub

57 F-Cub
64 Lo-Boy
68 Lo-Boy
52 F-Cub
Circle of Safety Award

Return to CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions