This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DSCF 2013 Projects

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

DSCF 2013 Projects

Postby Mr E » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Well folks, it is just a little over a month away! Can't wait.

We would like to start adding any projects you want to work on at the Fest. Please post what you want to get done, and Matt will add it to our project board on the website.

Keep checking the website for news and announcements as we get closer to the date. There is a link in my signature line below to the site.

See 'yall soon. :{_}:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Re: DSCF 2013 Projects

Postby Cecil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I"ll be there to repair carbs if needed. Just bring a kit with you.

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 pm

One thing I wanted to add.

Tools available at the shop:
Decent collection of hand tools
air impact wrenches
couple of drills
limited supply or drill bits
Johnson sickle bar tool
welder and torch
some of Earl's specialty tools
    gas tank neck tool
    Broken head bolt jig
    Front pulley tool
    Final helicoil kit

If your project requires any specialty stuff not mentioned, be sure to bring it along. :lol:
Last edited by Mr E on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Mr E wrote:If your project requires any specialty stuff not mentioned, be sure to bring it along.

Or mention that you need it in case somebody else can bring it along.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

If I can make it, I would like to bring 2 cubs.

One is mostly complete that I would like to strip down and add the parts to my inventory or make them available to anyone needing any parts.

The 2nd is one that is mostly stripped down, that we started to repair at the Mid TN cubfest. I would like to reassemble it. It will be a non electrical/hand lift basic '48 cub. It will also be for sale if someone wants it. The motor has supposedly had a recent rebuild. We shall see. :big afro:

The painted parts will go back together, the 55 will come apart.
Attachments
1348355448834.jpg
1348355448834.jpg (27.86 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
1353533223313.jpg
1353533223313.jpg (29.76 KiB) Viewed 1535 times

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:.... One is mostly complete that I would like to strip down and add the parts to my inventory or make them available to anyone needing any parts.

The 2nd .. I would like to reassemble it. .. It will also be for sale if someone wants it. ....

So let me understand this....
You want someone to help you tear a Cub apart so you can sell the parts, and then help you put another back together so you can then turn around and sell it as well?
If this is a close estimate to what you have planned, you know this is not what a Cubfest is all about, and certainly not an action that will be allowed at DSCF.

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm

What Raymond said.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Josh Blair
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38474
Tractors Owned: 1950 F-cub
1951 F-cub
1967 Massey Ferguson 150

Postby Josh Blair » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 am

Dale Shaw wrote:If I can make it, I would like to bring 2 cubs.

One is mostly complete that I would like to strip down and add the parts to my inventory or make them available to anyone needing any parts.

The 2nd is one that is mostly stripped down, that we started to repair at the Mid TN cubfest. I would like to reassemble it. It will be a non electrical/hand lift basic '48 cub. It will also be for sale if someone wants it. The motor has supposedly had a recent rebuild. We shall see. :big afro:

The painted parts will go back together, the 55 will come apart.

I will help you Dale! It will give me experience taking one apart and coming together!
Josh Blair in Mt.Pleasant TN
Image Image

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

RaymondDurban wrote:So let me understand this....
You want someone to help you tear a Cub apart so you can sell the parts, and then help you put another back together so you can then turn around and sell it as well?

Let me make myself clear.....

I do not NEED any help dismantling, or assembling, or working on any cub. I have had over 60 and know them inside and out. My work takes place outside or in a cramped barn with a sloped dirt floor. There is nothing I can not do here.

Josh Blair wrote:I will help you Dale! It will give me experience taking one apart and coming together!

Exactly, Josh is a good example. I thought it would be an opportunity for those that have never front, mid or rear split a cub, to see how they come apart. Removing rear wheels and finals and the importance of using cribbing and wedges.

Then in the opposite, to reassemble and troubleshoot a whole cub etc.. Trust me, I can do all of this here in TN.

RaymondDurban wrote:You want someone to help you tear a Cub apart so you can sell the parts, and then help you put another back together so you can then turn around and sell it as well?

Yes, I sell parts. You have both bought them from me. Where do they come from, the tooth fairy? No, if you need good replacement parts, good cubs have to come apart. Every cubfest there are folks that need parts. It would be great if they did not, or if they bought them in advance. Who knows what you will need till you get your project split?

I am on a fixed income and the only way I can travel the 1000 miles round trip, eat and stay in a motel, is to sell stuff. This is my hobby as I have said before, and hundreds among us have benefited from what I do, along with all the Cub Expressing I do.

I feel i am an asset to the fests I attend and so do many others. If my parts and pieces and implements and tractors I sell are not welcome, so be it. No one has to help me. No one has to learn by example.

Dale

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 am

Dale,
If these tractors and parts of yours are on the market, then I suggest you do whatever you intend to do them there at your place in TN. You are welcome to bring parts for sale, tractors for sale, implements for sale, or just come and enjoy the camaraderie with everyone that will be in attendance. But, bringing projects that are on the auction block as they roll out the door, after others have spent their time, energy and resources on so you can make a dollar will not be welcome.

As for Josh, there will be plenty of other tractors that will be split and tore apart from one end to the other that he can get his hands on if he wants to learn. These tractors will go back home with their respective owners to be enjoyed and used. This has always been the spirit of these get togethers, and we are trying to keep it that way.

I have bought stuff from you, as I have bought stuff from just about everyone else on the Forum that sells stuff on a regular basis. But this fact has nothing to do with your making money off the free labor and the good will of others in attendance. There is a huge difference. You being on a fixed income, the amount of money you spend, miles you travel and the tooth fairy are irrelevant.

-Raymond

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 am

All,
Just as Raymond has clearly stated, please take a look at this very good description that has been posted many times in the past.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51111

Please read this carefully and take it to heart in the positive light that it was offered.

Thanks.

Roy

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am

My intent was not to get help, but to offer an opportunity.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I have no dog in this hunt so I will offer my impression as an outsider. When I read Dale's original post, I took it to mean he was bringing his 2 Cubs as learning opportunities, that he was neither expecting anyone to take the one Cub apart for him, or put the other one back together for him. What I envisioned was him saying "OK I'm gonna tear Cub A apart, and put Cub B back together. Anybody wanna watch?" Nothing gave me the impression he was trying to get a free lunch from anyone.

I also think Mr. E should be the one making the call about what sorts of projects will be going on in the first place. And that is all I have to say about that.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for anyone hosting a Cubfest. I would like very much to host one myself one of these days, once my wife and I get our house built, to hopefully play forward the help I have gotten from Boss, Mr. E, Rick Spivey, Dale F, Barnyard, Dale S. and many others on this forum.

Mr. E, I hope to get down to your fest one of these days!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Super A wrote:I have no dog in this hunt so I will offer my impression as an outsider. When I read Dale's original post, I took it to mean he was bringing his 2 Cubs as learning opportunities, that he was neither expecting anyone to take the one Cub apart for him, or put the other one back together for him. What I envisioned was him saying "OK I'm gonna tear Cub A apart, and put Cub B back together. Anybody wanna watch?" Nothing gave me the impression he was trying to get a free lunch from anyone.

I also think Mr. E should be the one making the call about what sorts of projects will be going on in the first place. And that is all I have to say about that.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for anyone hosting a Cubfest. I would like very much to host one myself one of these days, once my wife and I get our house built, to hopefully play forward the help I have gotten from Boss, Mr. E, Rick Spivey, Dale F, Barnyard, Dale S. and many others on this forum.

Mr. E, I hope to get down to your fest one of these days!

Al

Al,
I respect your observation. I really don't feel that I owe anyone any further explanation other that my reference to the excellent article by Bigdog about the true meaning of a CubFest. I think that says it all, and says it well.

But, here goes. Just so you and everyone else know, there was a lot of communication between me and my co-hosts as well as outside members of this forum before we posted to the board. Raymond is a valued co-host and is the shop manager for the Fest. He spoke for the group. We support his statements.
As I was first reading Dale's post, I had the same feeling you did. And then he stated all of it would be for sale immediately up completion. That said, I refer the readers back to the article of "What is a CubFest".

Sure hope to see you at a DSCF in the future. We work really hard to make this an enjoyable event for everyone. We would like to have your present to enjoy some good Southern hospitality.

Roy

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Sorry i stirred the pot :big smirk:

I WILL NOT be bringing ANY projects to DSCF.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”