This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New twist for the Hog Waller fest

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
VaJohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 94509

Re: New twist for the Hog Waller fest

Postby VaJohn » Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 am

My most famous relative fought in the war. He toured extensively in the south before ending up in Richmond. His name was George Tecumseh Sherman. On the other side Amos Ellerd came to virginia as a indentured servant. He bought his freedom raising tobacco he lived in a cave in what is now natural bridge park, the cave is still named after him. He was shot and killed, after being accused as a horse thief. Just bad genes on both sides. :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Tue May 28, 2013 1:24 pm

CapeCodCubs wrote:Sounds like a trap, Northern Cub Folk be careful! :lol:

Not to worry I have no hogs now :lol: :lol: :lol:

John by the way I dont like Tecumseh engines either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sent a few folks pics of my last find a Confederate cannon of which I plan to have in my possession soon
but its too big to tote in yer pocket :wink:
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Boss Hog wrote:
CapeCodCubs wrote:Sounds like a trap, Northern Cub Folk be careful! :lol:

Not to worry I have no hogs now :lol: :lol: :lol:

John by the way I dont like Tecumseh engines either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sent a few folks pics of my last find a Confederate cannon of which I plan to have in my possession soon
but its too big to tote in yer pocket :wink:

Boss, are you planning to restart the war? Remember, Larry has access to a whole herd of cannon! :D :D Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Not sure about a herd.... but this guys were recently seen firing a cannon at Ft Adams.... Just curious Yogie, if that's the normal pose for gunners??

For some reason the ones in blue never seem to 'die'?? The rebels did a fine job in that regard. In this battle they outnumbered the US at least 2 to 1, so I guess they could afford to be realistic.

BTW, the world is a better place when I don't need a passport to go to the waller fest.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Wed May 29, 2013 4:14 am

Hi all you guys at Boss's hog waller I really enjoyed reading all the civil war banter. Great fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
Donegal Cub

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783

Postby 1541 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 pm

The last time I visited Appomattox the original table that the surrender was signed on was on display. My neighbor from across the road Phil Sheridan purchased the table from the McLeans and gave it to Libby Custer as a present. I have seen this table 3 times. Once in Richmond at the Museum of the Confederacy. In the Smithsonian in DC and at the McLean home. There is so much great history to visit in while in Virginia. I hope everyone has a great time at the Hog Waller Fest and also enjoys the tour.

Doug
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Thu May 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Well this is a first :D Ed single handed re-kindled the war between the states. Has the Head park attendant mad as a hornet in less than 2 minutes after we arrived, called him a Yank [ he was born in Lynchburg Va and dtd not take it well] I tried to get them straight on the apple tree and Larry knew more about Rufus Engels than the folks working there :lol: :lol: :lol: , I think they were relieved to see us leave :D Everyone had a great time though. Have pics but too late to post
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”