This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red power Camping Questions

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Red power Camping Questions

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Anybody ever been to these fairgrounds before? We reserved our electric camping spots months ago. Today I received a letter confirming everything and telling everyone to bring a 50 foot extension cord! I was taking my pop up on its maiden voyage. If the spots are this far from electric won't that cause electrical issues running an A/C unit? Wouldn't it lke melt the cord or damage either the camper wiring or their wiring ?

I assumed when they sold campsites they were setup for campers with proper electric to each spot?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Merk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Red power Camping Questions

Postby Merk » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

I have a 30 foot travel trailer and have used a 30 foot electric cord on a 20 amp circuit at home with no problems. If you use a heavy cord like you should use you shouldn't have a problem. The air condiationer(s) have a low voltage circuit built in the unit to protect the AC unit.

The camping area is full when Allen County Fairgrounds have their county fair in Aug. The campers told me they have no problems.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”