Boss' Fest

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Back home as I'm sure most of the attendees are. Just wanted to thank Boss and his family for another great weekend in the Virginia outback. There was a nice line up of Boss' square nose Cubs along with a few that were hauled in for show or work. I think Buzzard Wing may have had the longest pull, but someone else will need to verify that. Thanks again and see you at another Fest or next year at yours.

Bob

Re: Boss' Fest

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:34 pm

I had a GREAT time at Boss' !! Boss, thanks for your good ole Southern hospitality. Got some projects done and learned some things in the process. That's what it's all about. Val dropped me off at home a little while ago(thanks Val!). Good meeting and working with you, Yogie. Good meeting the northern boys also(them dang Yankees! :-)

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Thank you, Boss, for another great cubfest!
Ed

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm home Larry should be there shortly. We had a great time and a big thanks to David and family, it's one of my favorite events every year. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. The cabin crew was great, Yogie, Val, Thomas, Space Ghost, Larry and even Ed, cabin life ahhhh. North meets South and everybody wins. Thanks again

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Got home at 2:20 AM, thanks for the hospitality Boss, good to meet some of the rebels :D

Tim

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you Boss for the good time and food. had a good turn out like always. Had nice weather to boot. Got to meet some new folks this year. Can't wait till next time.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

well , Thomas and I , with yogies help ,were able to leave the "cabin boys" snoring away at 3 am sunday morning under cover of darkness, i just got home around 7 pm , and worth every mile ! david , I just don't know how to thank you and your gracious family for such a fest . southern hospitality at its best . hats off to all that made the waller what it is . larry , curley, moe , and shemp more than represented the yankee flank . Thomas ,yogie and I , held the southern line to the end . WE WERE ALL PROUD OF ED'S RESTRAINT at the national battlefields this year ! Boss , thank you . coppersmythe.......................................................PS: sorry guys ,I had to get that last "shot over the stern" :lol: , I wish y'all didn't live so far away , even ed :shock: .

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:28 am

Did anybody take any pictures??

Al

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:33 am

Another great trip! The hospitality of the Bennett family is truly awesome and greatly appreciated.

BTW Boss, I do try to leave things the way I found them and FORGOT to relatch the brakes on that long stripe... turns out there was NO slip on either wheel as I went on to set a full pull record. No bad for a first timer.

As for dang yankees.... those are the ones with NY attire or stickers on their cars. (we know who they are!) Sure wish I didn't have to drive through it.

I surely enjoy the people that show up at the waller! Best time ever.

And for Val's a history lesson.... My first Cub is named Rufus and here is what his namesake did at City Point:
http://www.qmfound.com/citypt.htm

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:10 pm

thanks larry , that was a great read . i wish i had read it before we were standing right there , looking out over the very river they spoke of . fascinating . coppersmythe.........................................

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 pm

I wanted to express my gratitude to Boss and his hospitality as well. I had a wonderful day, poking my head in as folks worked on projects, watching Bob fix carburetor’s with a rowdy bunch looking on, dickering with the guys selling goods, listening to Boss’s stories and methods and finally, the wonderful lunch served under the big top. Weather was great, couldn’t ask for a more enjoyable day. Thanks again to all. :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Just wanted to add what a great time we had at the 8TH Annual Virginia Cub Fest. Good food Good people Great time. My wife was able to change her plans at the last minute and show up with me. She had the camera so not tomany pictures of all the hapenings but she did capture some.
IMGP1214.jpg
IMGP1224.jpg
IMGP1215.jpg

Big Thanks to the whole Bennit family for such a greatt time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm

SAM_0347 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks David for the great time again this year, as usual I was the last to leave out and not wanting to even then.
Met a few new members this year and shared a lot of stories.
Here's a few more photos for all to enjoy.
The day before the fest trip to Petersburg Battlefield was a learning experience for everyone this year.
Here Boss and Thomas Mays remove a final for a brake job.
The beginning of a 12 volt change over plus the mag was removed and upgraded to a distributor. The owner who came by the next day was all smiles when he started it and took a ride.
Relaxing and some work being done under the big top.
Trans and finals being worked over by Ed and friends.
A lot of carb and other work being done but being involved in a tractor split I didn't get any more pictures. I remember seeing Andy Capone, Lt. Mike and a couple others working on a SA getting the mag back in time and running.
Here's a couple more of Bosses line up, I think I counted 14 square hood 12 volt tractors.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Dad and I spent saturday night in Beckley, WV. Got back to my house about 3:15 and unloaded between rain showers. Thanks Boss for hosting, Bob for helping with my carb and Ed for helping me rebuild my loboy transmission (twice).