This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A big thanks to all at the Barnyard Bash!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

A big thanks to all at the Barnyard Bash!

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:27 am

Wow, where can I begin! Another great Bash is in the books and it is all because of many of you. Rosanne and I want to thank you all for your attendance and support. We had counts of 55, 58, and 60 people at lunch time Friday and about 55 on Saturday. Some left Friday and some new folks came in Saturday so all in all we had about seventy different Cub fans at some point. I cannot say enough about how well the projects went. Everybody was helping everybody. We had seller trailers with parts for sale as well as Cub express items everywhere. Countless items went from trailer to trailer as always happens at a CubFest.

I have to make some special thank yous. As many know, the new shop was behind schedule due to construction problems with the builder. By Tuesday morning I only had 1 100 watt light and one outlet on the wall. Thanks to Bob McCarty’s help Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we were able to get the lights done. Doug Spaur (Thackery) rolled in Wednesday night and spent the rest of the day helping Bob get the temporary electric on the wall so we could use our power tools. Both guys then moved many of the tools from the old shop to the new with the help of others who arrived early. Of course Mike O’Rourke jumped on the tractor and finished the mowing I had started.
I cannot express my thanks enough for all the help the ladies provided Rosanne. One person cannot feed 60 people without a little help from her friends. They selfishly pitched in with all the prep and cooking, as well as made sure the snack bowls were always full.

Speaking of snacks, I can never forget David Grapes for his efforts in getting a nice donation of bread, buns, cookies, chips, nut, etc, etc. David, it did not go unnoticed. Thank you for all the support you provided.

Then of course we needed a place to eat. We needed to set up the 20x40 canopy along with 60+ chairs and several Tables. Mikki simply went into the shop and rounded up several people to get the canopy and tables up and Clint followed up with the chairs. There were so many people helping there I can’t remember them all. Sorry I can’t think of names guys, but your help was appreciated too.

When the storm came up and took a canopy for a ride two people leapt into action, literally. Bonny Miller and Clint Mo ran to the canopy and held it away from Rosie’s truck to prevent damage while they stood in the driving rain. When it was over, both were soaked completely through to their skin. I have to give them great big thanks for doing something that was totally above and beyond. There was only a small scratch but the windshield remained intact.

There was a lot of action all weekend, so if I left you out on the thanks, please forgive me. Believe me, your support for this event is appreciated year after year.
Thank you all! Rosanne and I look forward to doing it all over again in 2016.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: A big thanks to all at the Barnyard Bash!

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 am

Bill,

Your, and Rosie's, dedication and support of this forum, CubFests, and people does not go unnoticed. All you do, seen and unseen, is a testament to how much you care. It is appreciated.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Steve-N-Tn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37090
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Super M
1948 Farmall H
!949 Farmall C
1947 Cub
1950 Cub
1951 Cub
1948 Ford 8N
1949 Ford 8N
1952 Ford 8N
1953 Ford Jubilee
1950 John Deere G

Postby Steve-N-Tn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:50 am

Bill--can't thank you and Rosie enough for all you do to make the Bash a resounding success!! Guess we missed the big blow but glad everything worked out OK. The new shop is FANTASTIC! Was plenty of room to work and talk!! Thanks to everyone who made this years Bash one for the books!! The Tennessee Boys sure do appreciate the hard work! Steve

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:16 am

This photo is not very clear, but shows the awning being dismantled after the "blow"!

2015-05-30 16.28.02 (Small).jpg
Bill Dismantling an overturned awning during the sudden Big Blow!

And I don't know if he ever realized it, but we waited...and waited...and waited to take a photo of Denny coming out of the Port-a-Potty when he got trapped in it when the storm hit. Not sure, but is he still in there, Bill??!!

2015-05-30 16.29.33 (Small).jpg
...Denny? Oh, Denny?!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:20 am

Bill, I know there were several things you wanted to get done to the new barn before the Bash, but quite honestly it worked out very well as it was. Yes, we made several trips to the old shop for tools & hardware but we all need more exercise anyway. Thanks for all the hard work from you and all those who pitched in to help. A big thanks to ladies in the kitchen for all the great food. It looked like everyone was having a great time!

robertst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74604

Postby robertst » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am

Your basement door looks a whole lot like our utility door did,Lucy (short for Lucifer) wanted to go with me to the shop with me our hole is bigger don't know why she weights 11 lb,Has had 5 baths in less than 2 weeks she met Flower twice slow learner,Her new name may now be Stinky.

cubbrian
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47631
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub w/9 different 1 point implements
1948 Cub
1948 McCormick W-6
1949 H
1949 M
1961 560 w/ 412 fast hitch plow
1966 140
1973 666
Allis Chalmers C w/sickle mower
Case 400
Economy 14 hp tractor

Postby cubbrian » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 am

This was the first Bash for Sarah and the kids. They all had a great time. The kids were asking on the way home when they could come back. Thanks again Bill and Rosie.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”