This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Good deal or not, cletrac

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:07 am

Hi guys aren't the Cletracs just lovely little gems. If I had the time, energy and the cash, I would be looking for a D20 from the late 20's. They were manufactured over here in france for a while.
We had one ploughing at the National vintage ploughing match this last summer here in Brittany, just love at first sight.
http://ludovic.joiris.free.fr/site_perso/Cletrac.html
is all in french, but if you pan down the page you will see near the bottom a paragraph on these little wonders with a couple of photos, you'll have to struggle with the language or if need be I or Noëlle will help.
Hope you enjoy them.
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:04 am

For weight go to the cletrac site and print the spec pages. Print at 245% the size and the weights are there. I did the one for the AG, AD2 and 25. They are 6800 lb, 7471lb and 7000 respectively.
Pat i caught the part about the hercules diesel.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:11 pm

Hey Pat, the one on the bottom of that page looks just like the one I'm still hoping to get! I wish that I could get one, but...

beaconlight, I have looked there, but I don't remember seeing anything about this model?

Thanks, and have a good day/night Johnny

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:54 pm

:shock:

In English:

Arrived The Cletrac Last: a model ED2 (to be confirmed) of before 1944. I do not have yet the job number bus I lse finds behind the air filter that it is thus necessary to dismount. It is been driven by an engine principal [diesel Hercules] of 25ch started by an auxiliary engine Hercules twin-cylinder with gasoline. It makes 1,15m the broad one.

:twisted:
Then came Bronson

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:04 am

Hey Johnny...Judgin' by the photos of the Cletrac you're lookin' at I would say it's a Model 15C dating back into the 1930's. The biggest problem you might run into is loading it onto a trailer. Remember a crawler is not free-wheeling like a tractor. Even if it's in neutral...the rollers and clutches may be so rusted you couldn't get it to roll onto a trailer...you'de end up draggin' it on and THAT'S A TOUGH JOB! :shock: See if the owner has a pick up truck that he would be willing to slowly chain drag the crawler forward to see if the clutches are free? :?

HOWEVER...these little crawlers were built so well...I wouldn't be surprised that the engine may still be freed up! See if they have a crank and you can see it is seized or not. See if it was converted to electric start (probably was) and you might just be lucky enough to put in NEW fuel...NEW plugs and a NEW battery and give her a try! :?
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:54 pm

Hey, thanks Country, the guy said that it rolls, so that is a good sign, and he said that the clutches etc. were in good shape, so...
He also said that it is a model E31? have pics of the serial plate etc http://photobucket.com/albums/c47/jostev/Cletrac/
Also it was used as a side walk plow, so it will probably ber fairly small?

Still hoping on getting it, but the guy said that when he got snow, it was gone, and my DAD is also a big problem, no no no, it "MIGHT" need an engine job, i think that that is a bad excuse LOL

Thanks Johnny

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”