This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Type 100 spreader

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cstaub
Zip Code: 67545

Type 100 spreader

Postby Cstaub » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:29 am

I have looked at the manual for specs on the angle iron on the apron chain. However, I do not see any. It appears that the angle iron that is on mine is 1”. One thing I was wondering what thickness of angle iron I needed to use as mine is very thin. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Also I got lucky with the purchase and got all new S chain for the apron and the lady I bought it from at the auction just called and said she found the SBR and SBL links.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Type 100 spreader

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am

Chris, The original cross bars were 1" x 1 1/4" x 1/8". The only way I could get that size was to order 1000', so I opted for 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" which my local steel supply had in stock. I'd suggest running a heavy bead of caulk along the bottom inside corner or both sides. The steel sides tend to rust from the bottom up.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Cstaub

Postby Cstaub » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:44 pm

Bob, thanks a lot. This helps a bunch.

Cstaub

Postby Cstaub » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm

I have another question for you. The apron chain that I have has eight cross bars (angle iron). Is this the correct number to have? Also the cross bars are spaced 5 and 6 links apart. I am sure this depends on the age/stretch of the chain.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”