Ford 8N

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:41 pm

Boys, I have 3 cubs and found this the other day. For the price I could not pass it up. What do you all think? I got a trailer load of stuff with it..
At least the bottom is red...

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:42 pm

I think you done ok, my neighbor has a 9N, and I like it, not too big, but has a bit of power if he can hook up :lol:

PERSONALLY I think they are good tractors...

Johnny

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:48 pm

I spent a lot of hours on one of those. I would love to have one.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Looks good to me!!!!!!

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:09 pm

:D That a great tractor. Its what I learned to use a clutch on. Could not tell how many 100's of hours I have on one.

Billy

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:52 pm

Pudgy,

I had this one here for several years and sold it last year and what a STUPID mistake that was. :( I have owned a few of them over the years and this one was the best ones. I just didn't have enough room for both it and the Cub RIGHT, 4 months later I buy the second Cub. :?

This one here was a 1948, with the front mount distributor. Hopefully someday I will have another 8N, I just love em :!: Don't get me wrong, I love my cubs, but there is a lot to say about these Fords (2N, 9N, 8N and NAA's too). There sure are a LOT of them out there yet and still running strong after 50 plus years. :wink:

Have fun, you done good

John

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:30 pm

You done good. Although I'm a Cub person, I do have a couple restored 9Ns and a 641, so I have you surrounded. My '47 8N still lives comfortably at my son's place.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:22 pm

I have one also. As you can see one of my boys is giving it a work out. I love my Cubs, but those Fords sure put the “icing on the cake”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0917.jpg

Jack Fowler

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:50 am

Pudgy---
How did the 8n purchase ever end up? Is it running? have any new pictures?

Ford 8N

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 pm

Thanks all--John that was one fine looking tractor. Hope one day mine will look that good. I'm just about done with my 63 cub. The next tractor I do will be my 55 loboy. Hope to start on it this summer. The 8n will have to wait. "Clem" I have this tractor running now. I'm not happy with the carb, I have rebuilt it but something is still not right. I tried to plow a garden the other day and it done alright. It wasn't pretty but for my first time trying we done good. Still have alot to learn. Pudgy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:38 am

Hey "Pudgy"...That's a NICE 8N you've snapped up there! :wink: When I was in high school (workin' summers at the local golf club) we had an 8N and a Ford Jubilee and a Cub. Spent a LOT of time on them all...I've always liked the looks of the Ford 8N & 9N's...A CLASSIC DESIGN & VERY FUNCTIONAL All-PURPOSE TRACTORS! :wink: