This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ariens GT12 Tractor

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Ariens GT12 Tractor

Postby Fordlords » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:40 pm

A friend in town has offered me an Ariens GT12 garden tractor free for the taking. He says it runs and looks OK but will need a new mower deck.

The only things I have figured out with these is that they have the cast iron Kohler 12 HP K301 and a hydrostatic drive, and were also made under the Sperry-Rand and New Holland names. He said he thinks it was made in the late 70's or early 80's, and most of the big name GT's from that era was very well made. Does anyone here know if these were good machines worthy of me refurbishing like I did with the 682? Any info well appreciated as I'm still a green sprout to this hobby :)

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:14 pm

Unless it is totally worn out it would be worth rebuilding.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:09 pm

I looked at it today, and is is an early 70's one hood only had the Sperry-Rand name on it, and it is green and gold- like the one in this ad except a 12 HP version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1971-New-Holland-Sp ... dZViewItem

It started- It ran fairly well with no oil smoke (just needs tune-up)-It drives- It is heavily built. It sure needs new paint! (not rusted but badly faded.) The deck is totally repairable IMHO, housing not rotted out but rusty, one spindle completely blown apart which is really the only thing rendering it useless as a work machine at the moment but spindles are easy to find and replace.

Because the price is right, (friend's dad bought new tractor and just wants it off the property) I am probably going to take the tractor and just repair it to sell, just for the sake of having something to do now that my Cub is complete :o It is sort of a cool looking little GT!

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”