The new Cub Hauler

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:40 pm

Well I just about smoked the tranny in my F-150 hauling the Super A over the mountains a few weeks ago, so I figured it was time to upgrade a step or two. F-250 Super Duty, same 5.4L V8, but a lot better for towing.

Now I just need to find a likely suspect to try it out on :D Not my picture, but just like my truck.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 pm

What more could someone ask for :?: :?: :?: Farmall's and FORDS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: 8) :wink: :D :)

Looks great, but I do have to say i like mine better :wink: 1957 IH S-130 :lol:

Good Luck, First On Race Day :lol:

Johnny

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:54 am

Sharp looking indeed. 8)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:16 am

Now all I need to do is repaint it Rattle Can Red. :D

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:13 pm

You shoulda looked for one a few years old with the 7.3 turbo diesel, that way you coulda had the Internatial diesel engine :mrgreen:

Mines a 350 without the duallys...rides like a Caddy pulling a load...also has the 6 speed manual... It is alot of truck to wash, and as you can tell i don't wash it much...pretty and shiney when it's clean tho

But ya did good, :lol: A new truck is great no matter what it is!!!

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:13 pm

Does it really have an International Diesel?

I was looking at duallys and diesels, but it added about $6,000 to the price tag just for the diesel, and then another $1,000 or more for the duallys!!!

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 pm

Allen, Ijust bought a 3-year old crew cab long bed duramax for the price of equal or more than you paid for your new truck I bet.

Yup, All ford diesel pickups had the international engines unless they have changed in recent years.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:51 pm

I got a good deal on mine but it took alot of searching. Got it from a outfit that imports em from Texas. They had several, mostly 4x4 250s with various cab options, and a few duallys. Mine was kinda the oddball, no one wanted it cause it was a 350 with out duallies, a 2wd, a 8ft bed, and a manual tranny. But it just happened it was exactly what i wanted, and low miles. And i have always liked fords 6speed. It defintly took the place of my dodge 1500, which was limping along on it's 2nd tranny and 3rd rearend in 3 years(it was a 01 model, bad year i hear)

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:23 am

Hey Allen...CUBGRATULATIONS on your NEW CUB-HAULER!! :wink: ENJOY IT FOR MANY YEARS! 8)