Bill ryan 4 wrote:
I have a massy furguson 1020 tractor, and it was left in the rain this
winter and now the clutch is frozen up! Duz any body know how to
break it loose short of splitting the tractor again, it has a new clutch
in it, Thanks Bill.
This is a too common problem!
1. Take it to your back lane, or somewhere you have plenty of clear, safe space. (I used my front lane)
2. Hold or block the clutch pedal down.
3. Put it in your lowest gear and start it.
4. Work it through the gears up to your road gear. (it will grind a bit)
5. When you are up to high speed... stand on the brake pedals with all your weight.
6. You may have to do it more than once, but it worked for me the first time.
7. From now on, you might consider blocking the pedal down, especially if it will be stored a while.