Im back, with a new toy. *Pictures*

Fri May 05, 2006 6:18 pm

I apologize for my extended abscense, but ive been very busy for the past few months. ill give you an update:)

My father and I were originally looking for a dozer loader to build a motocross track on. our budget got cut short for an undisclosed financial reason. we still had enough left to find a backhoe that was in the area. at first it had fuel delivery problems, but we got them sorted out, and it's a fine piece of macinary. here are the pictures as promised ;)

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/n ... ndustrial/

its a ford 4000 industrial with a 172CI gas engine. really, it does everything i wish my cubby did. i havnt yet picked a name though, so feel free to leave some suggestions.

also the transmission on that tractor is very unique. its called a select-o-speed, and from what i can tell its like a huge beefed up automatic transmission. all the clutch is needed for is to go from a stop to a gear, and from a stop to reverse. you shift on the fly without the clutch. there is 10 forward gears to choose from and 2 reverse.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:47 am

Hey Aaron...NICE FORD :!: :!: :wink: Looks like it might be from pre- 1962 due to the raised circle in the grill & hood :? That "Select-O-Speed" automatic transmission sounds neat...although very few mechanics can, or want to work on them. The original Select-O-Speeds had a lot of problems and Ford ended up waranteeing them until updates were developed. I hope your's is one of the up-dated models. At any rate you won't wear out the clutch as fast when you're using the front loader :wink: Enjoy it...AND your motocross track :D

Thu May 11, 2006 1:09 pm

I have a ford hoe similar to that but mine is a 1961? model(801) Diesel. Mine has the 4-speed tranny.

Sun May 14, 2006 11:31 am

just recently, its blew a main hydraulic seal in the pump up front. needless to say, we wont be using it soon. :(