Ford 8n help

Mon May 08, 2006 10:20 pm

I just oicked up a 1952 Ford 8n for a buddy of mine. It runs great and was garage kept. The hood is banged up a little and 1 fender has a few little rot holle. can you tell me a good sorce for sheet metal parts, manuals and basic searvice and tune up parts. I am looking for both mail order and even local like NAPA for parts. Thanks

Tue May 09, 2006 6:27 am

Tractor Supply has repo grilles and bumpers. Yesterdays tractors website wil have other sources.
Best,
Mike

Thu May 11, 2006 5:08 am

Bob...Not seeing the extent of the damage on the hood, or the size of the holes in one fender...I would still REPAIR the original parts, rather than buy NEW reproductions.

8N hoods are notorious for gettin' dented in the front corners...BUT they DO straighten out just fine with a little work. Small fender holes can be patched with aluminum gutter flashing and JB Weld to the point that you'll be the only one who ever knew the holes were there :wink: Just remember that a few flaws shows the tractors CHARACTER and USE...not always a bad thing :!: :wink:

Thu May 11, 2006 6:13 am

'Country'

I guess i'm not too old to learn, I never heard that one before.

Thu May 11, 2006 2:10 pm

I'd second the suggestion on repairing the damage.

I took an autobody class a couple of months ago and it greatly de-mystified sheet metal work. I don't know how to paint yet but even early in the class I was able to take out dents and remove rust and weld in patches.

Lots of neat stuff you can do with a cheap hammer and dollie set from Harbor Freight and a body file from Eastwood's.

And if you have an OxyAcetylene outfit and a MIG welder you're miles ahead.

Fri May 19, 2006 9:46 am

If you are interested in manuals. I have the n series manuals on cd. I can send them to you if you would like. no charge. jsut send me an e-mail with your info.