This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hart-Parr Tractor... REALLY COOL!!!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Hart-Parr Tractor... REALLY COOL!!!

Postby Hengy » Sat May 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Hey there all!

I am am member of the La Crosse Oktoberfest Grenadiers and in that capacity, I attend many parades to promote La Crosse's Oktoberfest festival around the area.

Today, I had the opportunity to attend a parade in rural (very rural!) Spring Grove, Minnesota to march in their parade. There were quite a few vintage tractors in the parade (unfortunately, no Cub! :cry: :cry: ) But the COOLEST (WAY COOLEST) tractor was a 1921 Hart-Parr "30" tractor. I don't know whether this tractor was a two cylinder job or even just a one-cylinder tractor, but it was really "Popping" The engine was amidships of the tractor, with the radiator on the front. To me, the most interesting thing was that the exhaust came out the front of the tractor right under the radiator. There was NO concern on the tractor for ergonomics for the driver as the seat was on the EXTREME rear of the tractor and hung out in the middle of the air!!! :shock: :? I wish I had some pictures to post of the machine, but it was QUITE THE SITE!!!

Have any of you guys seen this brand of tractor before?

Other than that unit, there were several green and yellow jobbers, and one Farmall (that I didn't get the model number". There were a TON of classic cars and bands, etc. and the parade was GREAT...

Just wanted to let you know of my day today!!!

Gemuetlicheit!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

canamscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby canamscott » Sat May 20, 2006 10:38 pm

I have seen a couple of these before. We certainly have come a long way! I am not positive, but I think they were manufactured in Richmond, Indiana, where my folks live. Were they one of the companies that got absorbed into Oliver?

Scott

Ike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66801
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1951 Cub
1938 MH 101
1949 MH 44

Postby Ike » Sun May 21, 2006 7:40 am

Check out this site. A little Hart-Parr history with pictures. :)

http://www.geocities.com/hartparrtractors/

Ike

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Sun May 21, 2006 9:07 am

Hey WCM, my grandparents and two aunts live in Spring Grove, they were probably there! Small world. 8)
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sun May 21, 2006 7:55 pm

Yes, indeedy... we have come a VERY long way. It was a really cool tractor, but I couldn't IMAGINE using that thing every day to work the farm.... Man, your back would kill ya!! Sure sounded cool, though!

Nik, there was a SEA of people at the parade and everyone was having a great time. Lots of cool tractors there along with some really nice people! Look me up if you ever come out to see your relatives. They are only about 30 minutes away from me!

VERY COOL!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”