This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hefty-G Tractor

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Hefty-G Tractor

Postby Dan England » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:58 pm

I talked to a fellow today who has a Hefty-G tractor. Has anyone had experience with this brand? I had not heard of them before today. Are you aware of strength and weaknesses of this tractor. Any info on them will be appreciated. Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Don't know about the Hefty G but I saw this Hefty F today. This one is a 72 model.

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:28 pm

The Hefty F seems to be a knock off of the Ford N series. The Hefty G was a knock off of the Allis Chalmers G. They evidently are no longer in business and finding parts specific to the tractor (i.e. non-engine parts) is a big problem.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:30 am

The fellow who owns it said that he gave $500 for the tractor (not running) and equipment. He now has it running. Equipment includes a belly blade, other items which he couldn't identify but from his description would have been front cultivators. He said that he had several types of attachments for the cultivator bar. Bad points: A previous owner had put a carb off of some other unit (Jim's suggestion that parts are hard to find) on it. I believe that he said that it purred at low speed but ran rough at higher ones. Also, he has a continual problem of water in the gas. He cleans the tank and it runs good but is soon contaminated with water if it sets for awhile. PTO emerges in front rather that at the rear of the tractor. Hydraulics work very well. He said that he planned to sell it and get and old tractor in the "N" series with a 3-point. He backed up a bit on selling it when I told him that I might be interested in buying. He wants his $500 back if he sells. We pass within a few miles of his home when we visit our daughter in Monroe, LA so will drop by and see it on our next trip. Any comments? Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:11 pm

(A long post on a subject of little importance. You may wish to stop reading at this time) Several years ago I noticed a tractor with a for sale sign sitting by the road. I pulled in to look it over as I had never seen one like it. Probably a little smaller than a Cub, rear mount motor with most of the tin missing on the front half. The price listed was pretty cheap, around four or five hundred dollars. My thoughts were that no one would want an ugly tractor and that it was overpriced. Later, a JD collector friend in central Arkansas called and asked me to keep an eye out for an Allis G. He told me that they were very collectable, hard to find and pretty pricey. I assured him that I would, went to the computer and pulled up a picture of an Allis G. Identical to the one I saw by the roadside a few months earlier. About a year or so ago, Donny was searching for a sickle mower. I placed an ad in the free newspaper and got a call on one near Haynesville, LA. I drove down and took a look at it. His asking price when he called was $100 and I thought it was probably worth that but offered him $75. A very crusty old gentleman, he declined my offer so we talked some more. He soon tired of my attempts to lower his price. He informed me that the mower had been in storage for 18 years, he knew he would never use it again, he knew that his kids would never use it and would haul it to the junk pile at his death. But, he stated, I told you the price was $100 when I called you. I am not going to take $75, not $95, not $99.50. The only way it will leave this place in my lifetime is when a hundred dollar bill is placed in my hand. Well, I wasn't spending my money as the mower was for Donny. I thought about leaving him a fifty dollar tip to improve his day but thought that might ruin Donnys LOL. As we were loading the mower I asked the fellow if that was an Allis G in a near-by shed. It turns out he had two in excellent condition plus, he said, enough good parts for a third. I asked about his price. He was still a bit miffed about my attempts to bargin on the mower and told me that I couldn't afford them. I agreed that he was probably right but had a friend who was wanting one. His price was $3,000 each. I gave his name and telephone number to my friend to call him. They talked for an hour or so but the owner wouldn't budge on his price. His price was 3,000 and he would die with them in the shed before he would take a penny less. How does this story relate to the Hefty-G? Had I known what an Allis-G was and known of their desirability, I could have bought one for $500 or less. I just wanted to check to see if the Hefty-G might also be a real bargin. But probably not. Dan

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”