This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Case 5140 fuel problem

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Case 5140 fuel problem

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Ok guys I have a problem with a Case 5140 (Diesel) that I need help on.

The issue is the fuel does not make it past the solenoid in the injector. I can bleed the lines all the way up to the injector but nothing comes out the other side.

I have 12V on the stud to the solenoid and I hear a faint click when the power is applied but it will not start.

I need to pull the solenoid and check on it but am afraid of not knowing what is inside and losing parts (or worse getting dirt in the injector).

Does anyone have a picture of the assembly for the injector (specifically the solenoid)? The manual that I have from Case tells you what part but does not show it.

Thanks for any help.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”