This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BF Avery

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pudgy
10+ Years
10+ Years

BF Avery

Postby Pudgy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Local add, BF Avery model A for sale. Looks to be in good shape. Whats is it worth? I have never seen one before. Think it could be bought cheap.
Thanks Pudgy
"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!!!"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:03 am

Try the Minneapolis Moline discussion board on the YTsite. Search using Avery.

http://www.ytmag.com/mm/wwwboard1.html

My serial number book does not list a model "A" as being produced by BF Avery.

Standard Catalog of Farm Tractors list an "A" model but gives no production numbers.

I have no idea what the tractor is worth.

Eugene

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:20 am

I think the value may be low because of the engine. Hercules, I think. Overhaul parts NLA.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:53 pm

B.F.Avery, Louisville, KY, built the Model "A" from 1943 until 1950/51. From 1939 to 1943 the tractor was built as the "General" by the Cleveland Tractor Co. (Cletrac) and was the only wheeled tractor they built. It was also sold under Montgomery Ward's Twin Power name.

B.F. Avery supposedly had a hand in the design of the tractor, to use their Tru-Draft line of empliments, and had contracted with Cletrac to build them. Cletrac's production shifted to government contracts for crawlers during WWII, and B.F.Avery purchased the rights and equipment and began building the tractor during 1943. Cletrac built the tractor with a Hercules IXA-3 engine (113 ci). When Avery Model A started production in 1943, it came with a larger Hercules IXK-3 engine (123 ci), and in the summer of 1946 was upgraded again to a IXB-3 engine (133 ci)

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”