This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Magnetos

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Magnetos

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:26 am

Hi again,
Whilst thinking about Magnetos for my friend Daniel for his Stover (thanks to Paul, have found one on Ebay exactly what he needs!) I started looking on Ebay UK for magnetos and found one for my Fordson E27N, the right Lucas Marine mag, so will be bidding and most probably breaking the piggy bank to get it!

However I also looked for magneto repairs and came up with a page from Mr Fatspark magneto repairs, it is a page giving some hints and tips, there is one specially interesting one on points, their correct usage and cleaning. There is one paragraph that talks about top engine speed being affected by the type of point materiel.

I think of you US early cub owners who still have working magnetos on their Cubs.

Have a look and see what you think?

http://www.magnetorepairs.com/tip1.shtml

Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am

Thanks Pat. Very interesting.
How is the trap you were redoing for NONO coming along?
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:46 am

Good information Pat! Bookmarked the site for future reference.

Thank you!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Bigdog wrote:Good information Pat! Bookmarked the site for future reference.

Thank you!

Image - Me 2
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

FCUBMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 2 Cubs
1 Simplicity
1 Craftsman
1 Farmall 130 with loader
1 Tiger

Postby FCUBMAN » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Me 3!
Good stuff for future reference for me - I'm looking for another, older, Cub :D :shock:
"Remember, I'm pulling for you - we're all in this together!"
Quoted from Red Green of Possum Lodge

When you get older, lack of pep is often mistaken for patience.

(1956 and 1948 Cubs)

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:28 pm

beaconlight wrote:Thanks Pat. Very interesting.
How is the trap you were redoing for NONO coming along?
Bill

Bill, now there's a question to ponder over! It's a long story and perhaps a few bare bones should be exhumed from the cupboard here!

A number of years ago my ex wife and I came to the decision (well I suppose that I did really) that we should quit our conjugal relation, and due to a lot of blackmail, my daughter decided, as was her right to follow her mum.

However (yes I am still answering your question!) exactly 12 months ago Mary my daughter finally realised why I had quit. Little by little she has come over into my life again, without my bidding, and she asked me if she could rent our second house on the railway line (I have 2 railway level crossing houses on the same line 1km apart). Very happy to help her of course, but the only problem is that the second house is where I have all my workshop, woodworking and metalworking machinery, stock of wood, metal, tools etc etc.... But lovely daughters come before tractors and in this case wooden traps.

Although I have advanced on the trap very well, there is only about 50% done, now it is in the holding line.

I have put in permission to add a garage to OUR crossing house to house the machines etc and until that is granted and the building built there is no work being done on the trap, we are working around the machines and stocks upstairs in "her" house putting insulatio, cielings partitions, insulated walls, electricity, water hot and cold paint, floors, all in fact that is needed to make the upstairs of a house. Once the "garage" at our house is built, we will be able to move the majority of the "stuff" over to here and clear the ground floor, then the same can be done down there. I need to install a septic tank treatment for the sewage, drive, fences, garden (have already ploughed it with Cub Viki the Workahollic) and so on.

Mary works but on shift work so she is often there to help, her bloke is also available, but less so as he works days and has football at weekends.

Here is a picture of the cart!!! hidden behind a Fairbanks Morse 6hp with Mary in her overall from work, and myself cutting plasterboard sheets for the upstairs.

So really the answer to your question Bill is:- not a lot, it is on hold for a little while,

With best wishes and thanks for asking,
Pat

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:34 pm

I see a silver lining in that you won't have so far to travel for the shop when all is done. All the best to you in your endevours. Good to have daughter back again.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:32 pm