This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trail Maintainance

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Trail Maintainance

Postby PageRob » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 am

Well, this last weekend I went hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park, and came across some machinery used to maintain the trails we were on, deep in the backcountry. Thought some of it was pretty incongruous, but interesting anyway.
First came across this tracked walk-behind dumper. Pretty interesting little machine. Like an all-terrain, powered wheelbarrow.

Then there was this small dozer perched just before a section of trail that had been recently washed out and repaired.

I know some of you will like this one. This was near the dozer pictured above.

Back at Ruby's Inn, there was this big Farmall parked in a utility lot. Probably still usable. There was also a really old looking (and badly corroded) International next to a pond with no front axle and probably 25 gallons of water down the exhaust. :(
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:58 am

Wow Rob

Those are some beautifull pictures. Looks ike a great place bor me to see some time.

Thanks for the pictures.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks! Bryce is an amazing place - if you're ever out in SW Utah, its a "must see." Lots of amazing rock formations, views to forever, nice weather, and so much to do. Plus, apparently, they've got some tractors sitting around too!
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:43 am

Cool... Not sure I want to drag my Gravely out to work on the trails, but I do have dual wheels and one of their 'Sno Dozer' blades. Suprising, but it is much taller than a Cub's 54 blade.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

farmall man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby farmall man » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:32 pm

I cant wait to head west again. Do some more hiking in the grand canyon and that looks like good hiking as well
1956 cub 1947 M

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:50 am

farmall man wrote:I cant wait to head west again. Do some more hiking in the grand canyon and that looks like good hiking as well

If you make it out here, drop me a line. Hiking's one of my big past times.
-Old Spiritual

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 pm

:?: :?:

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”