This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Golf cart rings

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Golf cart rings

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 pm

I am 0verhauling the engine on my golf cart and the new piston came with 3 compression rings (2 cycle) instead of 2. Am I correct in assuming they still go with gaps 180 degrees apart to create the maximum distance for any escaping gas to follow?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:36 pm

John,

On all of the 2 strokes I have worked on the piston has a pin where the gap should be for the rings. This is necessary so the ring doesn't catch a transfer port and break.
8)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm

I hadn't unwrapped the piston yet, but when I did, I discovered you are correct, thanks
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”