This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Getting the wood out.

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Getting the wood out.

Postby cowboy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Well I have been busy since I got laid off. While I have been reading the form I haven't had much time to post. I have been back and fourth from home to the farm. working in the woods up there or doing chores at home and getting things ready to go to the farm. 350 miles each way no fun driving that :!:

Besides working on my equipment at the farm. I want to build a entry room into the trailer with a bed and a wood stove. With enough room to hang wet cloths to dry out. My plan is to build it on four 8"x8"x20 foot long beams so I can drag it around with the dozer. That way when we build a cabin we can use it a little cabin for friends that come up or as a large hunting cabin. That we can sleep in.

I plan on making a 12'x20' deck with the 8x8x20 beams then deck it with 1.5" lumber. Then build a 12'x16' foot room with a 4' over hang in the front.

Wow just lumber for the deck will be pricey :!: Better cut my own wood:D

Some of the trees I cut down along the trail

Loading a spruce that will become a 20 long 8x8. Ron that running gear I got from you sure is coming in handy :{_}:

Little Kub-ota with a 12' log. I was surprised at what that little 21hp tractor could lift :||):

At the stock pile with the farmall 130 and logs. Boy you gotta love the power of the 130 :!: BigBill those 14.9 tires work great in the mud :!: It may look dry there But you should have seen some of the mud holes I had to go through to get there.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Getting the wood out.

Postby cowboy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Once the wood is out of the woods I needed to make it useable :D My friend Gary Stec came up with his wood-mizer to do some custom cutting for me. While the weather was great while I was cutting the trees down and hauling them out. It turned bad after. Gary's little boy was sick and it was cold and raining when sawed the wood up for me. Its great to have good friends :{_}:

My friend Gary sawing a 20' long 8x8

Me and the cut and stacked wood.

This was about a 1/4 of what I cut and hauled out of the woods. But it was all I needed for the entry way for the trailer. I want to build a 12'x20' deck with four 8"x8"x20' long beams under it. So I can move it around after I build it. It will have a 12'x16' building built on it too with a hallway going into the trailer.

I hope to get the rest of the wood cut up this winter. I have some nice knotty red pine That I want to use for paneling inside the room.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Looks good Billy. I used a Woodmizer at my cousin John in Oregon last year. They do quite a job.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks Bill

I am pretty impressed with it myself. I had my friend bring his up since I do not know how to use Dad's yet. And Dads the drive does not work right now.

Take care Bill

Billy

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Billy,

Looks like you were having about as much fun as you can stand. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Boy i sure "wood" love to have some of that oak "wood" to play around with in the wood shop. :mrgreen:

Looks like fun Billy.

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"

Postby phildidit » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

that's a nice place you got there and its great having friends like that, that is a nice set up.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Looks good, Billy. Can't wait to see the finished pictures. :D :D

Is that all pine you are cutting?
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:37 am

Thanks Bill H. I love being UP in the woods :D

Hi John :{_}: There is supposed to be some hard woods on the south corner of the property but so far I haven't been able find it. It is mostly cedar pine spruce and fir. I have birch and poplar and thats about it. I would love to have some oak to play with :wink:

Thanks Phil 8) Our property is a 1/4 mile wide by 3/4 mile long. I have barely started making trails which are needed because it is thick I can barely walk through it.

Thanks Vince :D All the wood I have cut up so far is spruce. I did cut some red and white pine to use for panniling on the inside. I can't wait to get it done enough to stay in. Our trailer is a four seasons trailer. But we found out last winter its very hard to keep warm. It will be great when we get the little room done and have wood heat to keep warm :{_}:

Billy

smigelski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08070
Tractors Owned: JD 4040
JD 301A
Ford 3910
Oliver 770
FCub 1947
Fcub 1952
Farmall 100

Postby smigelski » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 am

they are some pretty impressive tires on that 130.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Billy If your friend or dad get the Wood-izer Way, a magazine put out by Wood-Mizer my cousin Johns house is featured in the Fall/Winter 2008 issue. I only helped john cut a couple of pieces of deck support. He did them while I visited to show me how it works. The cover picture is impressive but the small pictures in the article don't really do the house justice. If you can't get the magazine I will bring it with me when I visit in March.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:47 pm

Billy, I wish there was some simple and economic (emphisis on economic) way to trade you some of our Ozark oak (mostly red oak) for some of that spruce and poplar. Oh well. :( :(
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks Smigelski

This is a better look at them. The rear tires are 14.9x24 way oversized but they work great here :!: You can see some of the mud I am going through with it :D

Pushing snow with it Nov 21st

Bill I did not even know they had a wood mizer mag. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Vince ya never know. I would love to do a trade :D After I get the engine rebuilt in my F 250 I will be looking for a 32' goose neck 20,000 gvw trailer for it. And I want to go to a Texas Tumble :{_}:

This is some of the wood I cut two years ago. White Birch and Red Pine boards I am going to make a table top with the red pine. I also have a Lot of white cedar :D

I started building this in 1985 never finished
This is one of my favorite spots on the farm. Its on a rock ledge over looking a spring fed pond. Its one of four ledges on our property. In spots there are 15 to foot strait drop offs.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:40 am

Hey Billy,

Do you happen to have pictures of that blade on your tractor from the other side? Would like to see how your reach rod to the lifting mechanism is set up. I have a similar blade hooked to Merlin.

Thanks for your help!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Mike

I do not have a better picture of mine. But I have this one of George Willer's cub with a A plow on it. If you look at it the rod to the rock shaft is in the far forward hole and the plow is in the second one back. On mine it is the other way around with the plow in the first hole and shaft in the back hole.

The way George's is it would be easier to lift but would not lift as far. Also if yours has the spring on it as mine it would hit the shaft as it goes up and maybe even when its down.

Billy

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”