This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adjusting Valves-Farmall B

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Adjusting Valves-Farmall B

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:46 pm

I looked in my service manual for the valve adjusting procedure for my B Farmall. The manual says to adjust the valves on TDC for each cylinder....I know how to tell when #1 is on TDC but, what about 2,3, and 4 :?: The service manual says to refer to the instruction manual for the procedure...I don't have a instruction manual nor do I know what it is. :? Does anyone know the procedure :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:51 pm

2 ways:

Get #1 at TDC and adjust it's valves. Turn the engine 1/2 turn (mag impulse will click once) and do #3. One more 1/2 turn and do #4. After a final 1/2 turn adjust #2.

Get #1 at TDC. Then (counting from the front) adjust valves 1,2,3 and 5. Turn the engine 1 full revolution and adjust valves 4,6,7 and 8.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:58 pm

I like to use Jim's second procedure. It works best if you make sure the starting point is on compression stroke of #1 in either case. (I'm sure Jim forgot to mention it.) It should work on any IH 4 cylinder engine.

The other procedure should work well too.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:58 am

Thanks for the replies.....I think Jim's second procedure is the same one used on the cubs. I will use the second procedure....been there, done that. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”