This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brinly sprayer

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Brinly sprayer

Postby TJG » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 am

I'm looking at a 25 gallon pull behind Brinly sprayer for light yard and garden duty. Anyone with experience with this brand of sprayer?
Thanks, Todd

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brinly sprayer

Postby Eugene » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

Don't own a Brinly brand sprayer. Not sure who assembles the Brinly sprayer. There are many sprayers made by one manufacturer where they change the name lable.

Reference material. NorthernTool.com. 6 pages on sprayers. Take a look at the page on 12 volt diaphragm pumps.

Probably doesn't make an difference on the sprayer's name brand. The pump is the working part - so make sure the pump is up to your intended task.

Tank size. I use a 16 gallon (15 gallons to fill) ATV type sprayer to spot spray pasture, under fence lines and timber clean up (multifloral rose) on 36 acres. 15 gallons is a lot of fluid - usually more than I can use up in 3 or 4 hours of spot spraying.

I use a 2 gallon hand pump sprayer more than I use the 16 gallon ATV type.
I have an excuse. CRS.

TommyM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46062

Postby TommyM » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 pm

What's a good size for about 20 acres of farm land? I've got some organic spray that is supposed to help keep a number of bugs off the crop. I've never sprayed before but last year I could have used it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

Tommy, do some research on the organic sprays, some of the items sold as organic or more deadly to bees than to the pests you are trying to get rid of. Many of the companies now selling organic items are not trying to help the environment, just trying to get your dollar.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 am

TommyM wrote:What's a good size for about 20 acres of farm land? I've got some organic spray that is supposed to help keep a number of bugs off the crop.
Eugene wrote: I use a 16 gallon (15 gallons to fill) ATV type sprayer to spot spray pasture, under fence lines and timber clean up (multifloral rose) on 36 acres. 15 gallons is a lot of fluid - usually more than I can use up in 3 or 4 hours of spot spraying.
I have a 7 or 8 foot boom that attaches to the back of the sprayer frame. Use the boom to spray large areas of weeds and food plots.

Just me thinking about my use - a sprayer with a 10 gallon capacity would be more than adequate for my use.

I only use herbicide in the sprayer. If you are going to use organic spray and a herbicide - you may not want to reuse the tank after spraying with herbicide.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”