This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall H Narrow to Wide Conversion

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall H Narrow to Wide Conversion

Postby Paul_NJ » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:16 pm

I've been keeping an eye out for a Super H with a wide front end for some time, but living here in New Jersey makes finding one a real challenge. I have noticed from ads in other states that there are many more narrow fronts than wide. Can anyone tell me how difficult a task (and how expensive) the conversion is? For example, I've seen people refer to "Schwartz" front ends, which I assume is an aftermarker product.

Any experiences would be appreciated! Know of any Super H's for sale?

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:10 am

Paul. the conversion to a wide front is not a difficult task. The cost, however, can be something else. It seems that either the IH or Schwartz wide fronts command a premium price if they are in good condition. I see them sell for $500 & up.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”