This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

opions on Kubota diesel tractors

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: opions on Kubota diesel tractors

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 am

Bear, I've also noticed paint fade, with the early Kubota Bright Orange. When they switched to the later "brighter" Bright Orange II, I think it became more resistant to fade.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

GAGoober
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30268

Postby GAGoober » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 am

I have a B7300 that I bought at an auction with 450 hr.s. I use it to cut grass with as it has a hydrostatic drive. It is 4-wheel drive and does a good job most of the time. I quickly realized that I don't care much for hydro drives. When you max out the pump you can't go any where. But otherwise it seems to be a good machine, I've had no problems with it.

I looked at that exact model of tractor, L2500, this week that a guy in my area is trying to sell. It's got about 1,018 hr.s on it. It is 4-wheel , has loader and a canopy. I think he used it for landscaping. I noticed that the lower link adjustment straps were broken. Either he didn't adjust them properly or they just break easily. but otherwise the tractor looked OK to me.

Mark

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 am

We have 2 at work that I bought new, aint no flies on em. You would be hard pressed to find a better tractor. Both of ours are l series 47 HP with loader 4WD and straight transmissions. They dont give trouble
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Ben B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx

Postby Ben B » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 am

My neighbor let me borrow his Kubota with the front bucket and backhoe attachment to smooth up a few rough places in my yard. It worked very well for the job. The only thing I couldn't get used to was the fact that his did not have independent rear brakes, so I could not steer the tractor with brakes when I was back dragging the front bucket by picking up the front wheels off the ground with the bucket blade and moving in reverse. That is something I learned from work. We do a lot of smoothing that way.

Other than that, it was a great little tractor. I looked into getting one myself, but that is way beyond my means. I'll stick with a cub.

But, if you can get it, I'd say go for it!
1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
1964 Farmall Cub 6 volt 223xxx
1968 Fairmont Railroad Motor Car 2 cycle hit and miss single cylinder

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 am

GAGoober wrote:I have a B7300 that I bought at an auction with 450 hr.s. I use it to cut grass with as it has a hydrostatic drive. It is 4-wheel drive and does a good job most of the time. I quickly realized that I don't care much for hydro drives. When you max out the pump you can't go any where. But otherwise it seems to be a good machine, I've had no problems with it.

I looked at that exact model of tractor, L2500, this week that a guy in my area is trying to sell. It's got about 1,018 hr.s on it. It is 4-wheel , has loader and a canopy. I think he used it for landscaping. I noticed that the lower link adjustment straps were broken. Either he didn't adjust them properly or they just break easily. but otherwise the tractor looked OK to me.

Mark

Mark, please explain your comment about maxing out the pump. I have 2 hydro tractors and have not experienced any such problem. I use one for mowing & it does a great job, the other, I use for tilling, plowing snow and other jobs that the other two might be a little small for, no problem with it either.

GAGoober
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30268

Postby GAGoober » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:00 am

Gary, When I'm mowing with it I have the RPM set to deliver 540 to the PTO. So with the engine rev'ed and the mower going off I go. Part of the mowing is along my road frontage and it has steep sides. As I go up and try to climb out of the ditch the tractor basically stalls and will not keep going. The ditches aren't so steep that I'll flip or roll it but I can't continue straight ahead so I turn left/right and swing back down and continue on. I am making the assumption that I have maxed out the hydro pressure that the system can deliver. My neighbor has a somewhat larger hyro Kubota , 4 wheel and FE loader and uses a 4 ft. bushog with it and he has the same thing happen to him. We both agree that a geared transmission tractor would pull right through , if it is in the appropriate gear range for the task.

But we both like the little tractors.

Mark

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:57 am

Mark, in the same situation you describe, mine have plenty drive power and will easily spin the tires. The power train on your tractor is probably a little different than either of mine, but I can't help thinking something isn't right about yours. You might try changing the trans. fluid & filter if you haven't done so recently.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”