Stuck in the Mud

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Saw this picture in our local weekly county paper. I know it was not from here but thought you would get a kick out of seeing how stuck this guy was. The article said he was trying to break the ice with the spikes on the front loader when the ice gave way. :shock: Didn't sound like the brightest idea I have heard lately. :lol: Thank goodness it was not any deeper.
Stuck.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Stuck in the Mud

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Looks like several 100 feet of cable should take care of that :lol:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:27 pm

He needs a sky hook real bad. :roll: :lol:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:29 pm

I am pretty sure I would not want to be breaking ice that I was sitting on. :lol:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Back when I was a kid, I can remember going with dad to get a load of coal. On the way to the coal yard we saw a farmer in an old dump truck edging out onto a pond to break ice for his cattle. Dad mentioned that that was a stupid plan. On the way back home we saw the truck had succeeded in breaking the ice. Water was up to the bottom of the mirrors on the door :oops:

Doug

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

guy's like that keep me in business. :lol:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 am

:) :)

Looks like he might be waiting until summer to get that one out!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am

I was just reading the local paper and saw this picture on the editorial page with an article attached. It sounds like he did get it out.

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/publish/article_8249.shtml

Like the old saying goes, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 am

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to go out into the field.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:02 am

Nope it doesn't look too bright but it is a green tractor. Dad once put a JD3010 down like that when he hit a soft spot in the muck. Ground was only about 4 feet above the water table in the spring and was interesting. An articulated White with the front end swinging back and forth, I dont't know why, pulled her out. Vern