IH Truck Info from my Grandfather!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:00 am

Ok, I know this is not tractor related, but I thought this was the best place to post. Moderators, please feel free to move to a more appropriate place if needed.

Yesterday we were visiting my grandfather. He went over to his roll-top desk and pulled out something. It was an IH School Bus brochure from the ealry 1930s, in perfect condition. I thought that was pretty neat, but it was what was inside that was really cool. Inside, he had IH Truck Contracts for 1936, 37, and 38. All filled out for our dealership, and shows the list prices for all the trucks that IH built in those years, options, engine and tranny choises, etc. He said that these were the only contract documents that they had as an IH truck dealer, and it showed both their orders and shipping dates when they wanted the various trucks.

The documents are in near perfect dondition, and are 6-page fold out, so I need to figure out how to scan them in, but will plan to post them as I can.

Pretty cool Christmas present!

Bill

Re: IH Truck Info from my Grandfather!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 am

WOW, while I do not collect old trucks because of the dollars and space, I am interested and would love to see a copy once you get it scanned. There is a truck forum on http://www.Redpowermagazine.com that would love to see it also.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Wow Bill! How cool!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Bill:

Now that is interesting :!: Great present for the IH collector :D And yup, I really wanna see them scans.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Bill, I have to agree with the others - that is really cool. What a wonderful present. :D :D