This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need Electrical Help

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
papermaker
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04416
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall A, 1946 David Bradley,1948 F-Cub,Cub 22 Mower,194 Plow,Cub 3 Cultivator,54A Grader/Snow Blade, A-Cub 33 Bean Harvester

Re: Need Electrical Help

Postby papermaker » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Now I feel a little stupid! After looking on the internet for a wiring diagram for days I took the cover off the pressure switch. Guess what I found? Stuck to the inside of the cover was...... the wiring diagram! DUH!!! Low and behold it shows WHITE,BLACK and GREEN. Couldn't have been more obvious!
Anyway,I love my new compressor! So far I have used an air grinder,air ratchet and HVLP spray gun and all have worked great. All that without that steady growl of my smaller compressor.
So in conclusion thanks to everyone that offered advice on this subject!
Jerry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need Electrical Help

Postby Landreo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Your compressor switch label is for a 3 wire plug. You stated you have 4 wires. For a 3 wire plug, the hot legs, L1 and L2, are black and another color, in this case, white. You have a 4 wire cord and the color convention is L1, L2 are black and another non-white non-green color, in your case black and red. In a 4 wire 220 volt cord, the white is reserved for the neutral 110 volt leg.

If you have a 3 wire plug installed then use the white or red, your choice as long as the switch and plug are the same. If you have a 4 wire plug then it is not according to convention and should be changed at both the switch and plug so they match convention.

I have not seen a photo of your cord but it seems like someone took a 3 wire plug and used 4 wire cord. Sounds like it is working so electrically it must be correct. I have my fathers old ( 50 year old) 1 HP compressor. I get to sandblast for 15 seconds then wait minutes to reload.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”