This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brinley Plow

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Brinley Plow

Postby SONNY » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am

Got this thing the other day and spent yesterday in between rains grinding the rust off to see if bottom was usable or not.--it did clean up shiny and smooth,--no pits at all.
Backside and bottom
Frontside of moldboard

It didnt have a cutter and the moldboard has a big flaw in the outer end of it! (manufacturing defect), but I plan on welding the plow to one of my 3-pt. a frames to fit the cub (doubt the cub will pull the 10" bottom when it wont pull a 6" bottom very good)---IH neighbor here thinks the bigger bottom just MIGHT pull easier, so I figure it is worth a try---It would fit in a couple of our smaller gardens better than the 706 and 5 bottom unit!

Does anyone know if the moldboard defect is on all of this brands bottoms?---or do I have some orphan brand?--(hope not!)---I have never heard of this brand so I am kinda in the dark here on this thing!
This plow is in excellent shape, for little wear sows on it! Thanks for any info/input/opinions on it!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Froghunter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19938
eBay ID: bull829

Re: Brinley Plow

Postby Froghunter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Sonny,

That is the type of plow used by the Garden tractors (Cub Cadets) I have one and use it to till my four small plots. Yours looks in excellent condition. I'm not sure about your question about defect. Can you post a picture of the defect. I have looked at your pictures and the plow looks like mine. This pass spring I didn't use the cutter on mine plow alot of the garden tractor guys use them with out them on them. If the soil has been tilled before it is not needed. Brinly still makes the plow.

http://www.brinly.com/gardening-equipme ... -51BH.html

If you post in the Cub Cadet forum. The gentlemen up there will give you all kinds of info.

Good Luck!

Bill
3 x CCO
CC106
CC1450 (Donated to School to use)
CC104
Case 644 Compact Loader
Case/IH 235

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”