This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

garden seeder

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52738

garden seeder

Postby jwl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm

I have this garden seeder i'm restoring. Got two of them so i took the best parts from both to make one perfect unit. My only problem is i dont know who made it. Any one seen a seeder similar to this one. It has wood handles, but the new ones didnt show up until today so there not in the picture.
Attachments
seeder on stak.jpg
seeder on stak.jpg (3.04 KiB) Viewed 993 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: garden seeder

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 am

Too small of a pic for me to see
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

i dont know how to get the photo in a better size. The first time i tried to post it it was too big, so i took it off another place i had it posted.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Send it to me and I will post it. PM sent.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Ok Barnyard, its in your hands now. Hope for the best as its the only photo i have so far.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Here it is. I could not make out the wording on the top.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 pm

the wording is only the patent date of aug 17 03, but theres no patent number, nor after seaching patent records i dont find any thing for a seeder. Patents are hard to find sometimes because it might only apply to some small piece of the machine.

TommyM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46062

Postby TommyM » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Are there any other marks on the machine besides the date? It looks like a neat little machine and I can't wait to see it in action and working. Where did you get it from?

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks Tommy,

Once upon a time you could find seeders like this almost in everycorner. Mostly they were the planet jr's of differnt numbers. Sometimes i'd get lucky and see an Iron age or an Iron King unit. Today there arent many around. Not sure why or where they went, but i find them at antique shops mostly. That where this one and the donor one came from. I took the best parts from the two and made what amounts to a brand new seeder. Just got the handles on last week. I sent out for them to a place in Mo, where they had the ussal plow handle, and just happened to be one of the few places that makes the smaller sized ones for garden plows and seeders. I now have all the old bolts replaced with new sq headed one from my bolt supplier. I will probally put it up on the shelf with the dozen or so garden tractors i've completely restored. I have at least a dozen of these garden seeders, all differnt, some of which i use to plant with and some that i take to shows. Cleaning them up, replacing or rebuilding the worn parts, and learning a little history of them is the best part. After that they just sit out so vistors can admire them, and be inspired to go out and start a collection of there own. This seeder so far has stumped all the people i've shown it to, as to the makers name. Im afraid that the name or decal was on the handles, which were badly weathered and broken.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”