This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kubota B7100 - 42 inch Bush Hog?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ajhaig
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 05445

Kubota B7100 - 42 inch Bush Hog?

Postby ajhaig » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 am

I mowed several acres of fields with my new (to me) Kubota B7100, the thing is amazing - the grass was 6 feet tall in some areas.

I took it real slow as the grass was very tall and it was my first time mowing these fields (I paid someone to do it last year).

My questions:

How tall should I let the grass grow before I cut it again? I'd like to keep on top of it so it's not as slow and taxing on the Kubota in the future.

If I buy a finish mower could I cut the grass faster (assuming I keep the grass fairly short)?

What size 3pt finish mower should I consider, 48 or 60 inch?

Many thanks

AJ
1958 International Cub Low Boy with Fast Hitch
629 McCormick Utility Wagon
Mott Flail Mower

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Re: Kubota B7100 - 42 inch Bush Hog?

Postby cowboy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:40 am

How often you mow it depends on what you want it to look like. I mow my pastures when the weeds start to form seeds. That way it keeps the weeds from reseeding. You'll find if you keep mowing it the weeds will die off (other than thistles you have to spray them) and you will have more grasses.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”