This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 140 transmission oil

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH 140 transmission oil

Postby Dave F. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:39 pm

I thought I check here before I mess something up, Well I drain the transmission in my 1972 IH 140 tractor, I was set to put 80/90 wt. gear lube back in with some Lucas oil. But I wanted to check my owners manual to see how much lube to put back in. Now here's the problem my owners manual say's to use Hytran, but my nearest IH dealer is about 180 miles round trip away, & I already drain the transmission, Is it ok to use the 80/90wt. gear oil? Thanks Dave F. ( Oh by the way the serail # of the tractor is 47944 if this helps )

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH 140 transmission oil

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Dave,

Actually, you closest CaseIH dealer is in Little Washington. But, any 90wt or 80/90wt should do fine.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”