This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Disc and ? or ??

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
elkshead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 98828
eBay ID: elkshead
Tractors Owned: Farmall M 1943 for parts
Farmall M 1944 Restored
Farmall A 1940 Restored
TD 6 1940 w/ Holt Blade
TD 6 1953
1952 Cub Restored
1962 Cub Lowboy
Circle of Safety: Y

Disc and ? or ??

Postby elkshead » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 pm

This is my friends disc. Anyone know what kind it might be? there ares/10320/MVC-004S.JPG[/img] no identifing mark or names? Anyway I have a 23A disc ane there is a lever operated by pulling a rope to off set the hillers. How do you offset the hillers on my friends disc?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by elkshead on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Disc and ? or ??

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Need a bigger picture.

That helps.

That is an offset disk, the front gang is angled one way and the rear the other. I don't recognize that particular disk. You might closely inspect the spools between the indivudual discs for any ID marks. I can see a curved part with several notches above the front gang and towards the right side (viewed from behind). Looks like releasing a latch of some type on that part allows setting the angle. There are several other links, pivots etc. on there. They may have something to do with setting the angle or automatically changing it when turning. A shot from straignt above might make it possible to figure out what the rest of the linkage does.

elkshead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 98828
eBay ID: elkshead
Tractors Owned: Farmall M 1943 for parts
Farmall M 1944 Restored
Farmall A 1940 Restored
TD 6 1940 w/ Holt Blade
TD 6 1953
1952 Cub Restored
1962 Cub Lowboy

Postby elkshead » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:11 pm

May be this can help. Thanks

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Second picture doesn't help much. But it does seem to confirm what I said above.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:18 am

Pull the disk out on hard level ground. Lubricate all pivoting points and the bearings. Disconnect from tractor.

Open or lift the locking mechanism located between the gangs on the photos left side. Move the lever extending out the right side of the front gang.

Considering the length of the disk's drawbar, I do not see a method of changing the gang's angle from the tractor seat.

It could well be that you lift or unlock the mechanism on the left, between the gangs, then either move the tractor forward or backward to change the gang's angle.
I have an excuse. CRS.

b52c130
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07869

Postby b52c130 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

Elkshead, It looks to me as though the mechanism on the right side of the disk (as viewed in looking at the pictures) forms a large parallelogram that maintains the second gang of disks in the same angle to the first gang of disks, but also allows the second set to move left or right as necessary to make left or right turns. Look at the long arm of the parallelogram that is roughly in the center of the disk. The short arm of the parallelogram is on the right side of the picture. The front end of the short parallelogram bar is not permanently attached and is allowed grow longer or shorter as the cutting angle of the second gang is changed. It looks as though the cutting angle of the second gang is changed/set by the mechanism that is on the left side of the pictures. If this rod is 'pushed out or rearward', then the angle of the second gang increases and the loose end of the short parallelogram bar moves forward toward the tractor.

This looks like a very sophisticated mechanism that probably disks very even behind the tractor even when making turns at the headlands.

Anyhow, that's what it looks like to me, NJDale

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”