Power Unit Hood Pics

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Power Unit Hood Pics

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the Hood a couple of guys might be interested in. It measures approx. 21 5/8" long and approx. 21" wide.
WKPoor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Well the stack holes look right. I just went out and measured mine and your quoted length looks to be very close but the width on mine is 17&3/4" wide front and back. My hood/grill housing that the hood front would rest on is also about 17&3/4s" across.
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:26 pm

Are you taking into account overlap? Either way if no one needs it here I'm going to Ebay it.
WKPoor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:24 pm

WKPoor wrote:Are you taking into account overlap? Either way if no one needs it here I'm going to Ebay it.

On mine there are 2-brackets with holes in them on each side for I imagine the hood to bolt to. Front brackets are attached to the radiator and the rear brackets are attached to the firewall panel between engine & gas-tank. From side to side the width is 17&3/4 inches. I dont know but maybe the bottom sides of the hood panel gets pulled in that extra inch & a`half when fastening.

I have a friend a few miles down the road with a baler sitting out in his back forty with a power-unit like mine so if his still has the hood I can get a hands on look at how his fits. I haven`t seen it for a couple years and I dont remember if it had a hood but carb & other parts were missing.
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:24 pm

I didn't measure it, but that would be approximately the size of the one missing from the Continental power unit I looked at.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 pm

The sides are flared out quite a bit when I measured it. I'll check and see but I'm a thinkin they would be closer to 18" if they were pushed in straight.

Who moved this? I haven't said a thing about anything for sale yet. If this item was for sale thats were I would have put it. We are just trying to determine what this goes on for now. :?
WKPoor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby jim turner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:34 pm

That be the one I need my unit is off of a combine the one end wraps around my gas tank and the other wraps around my radiator cover and grille.
Jim Turner
jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby johnbron » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:11 am

WKPoor wrote:Who moved this? I haven't said a thing about anything for sale yet. If this item was for sale thats were I would have put it. We are just trying to determine what this goes on for now. :?

I dont know who moved it but I am moving it back so I can use the pics later on for referance before it times out.
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Return to Other Tractors and Machinery