This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Power Unit Hood Pics

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Power Unit Hood Pics

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the Hood a couple of guys might be interested in. It measures approx. 21 5/8" long and approx. 21" wide.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Well the stack holes look right. I just went out and measured mine and your quoted length looks to be very close but the width on mine is 17&3/4" wide front and back. My hood/grill housing that the hood front would rest on is also about 17&3/4s" across.
Then came Bronson

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:26 pm

Are you taking into account overlap? Either way if no one needs it here I'm going to Ebay it.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:24 pm

WKPoor wrote:Are you taking into account overlap? Either way if no one needs it here I'm going to Ebay it.

On mine there are 2-brackets with holes in them on each side for I imagine the hood to bolt to. Front brackets are attached to the radiator and the rear brackets are attached to the firewall panel between engine & gas-tank. From side to side the width is 17&3/4 inches. I dont know but maybe the bottom sides of the hood panel gets pulled in that extra inch & a`half when fastening.

I have a friend a few miles down the road with a baler sitting out in his back forty with a power-unit like mine so if his still has the hood I can get a hands on look at how his fits. I haven`t seen it for a couple years and I dont remember if it had a hood but carb & other parts were missing.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:24 pm

I didn't measure it, but that would be approximately the size of the one missing from the Continental power unit I looked at.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 pm

The sides are flared out quite a bit when I measured it. I'll check and see but I'm a thinkin they would be closer to 18" if they were pushed in straight.

Who moved this? I haven't said a thing about anything for sale yet. If this item was for sale thats were I would have put it. We are just trying to determine what this goes on for now. :?

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:34 pm

That be the one I need my unit is off of a combine the one end wraps around my gas tank and the other wraps around my radiator cover and grille.
Jim Turner

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:11 am

WKPoor wrote:Who moved this? I haven't said a thing about anything for sale yet. If this item was for sale thats were I would have put it. We are just trying to determine what this goes on for now. :?

I dont know who moved it but I am moving it back so I can use the pics later on for referance before it times out.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”