Replacement Loader Parts

Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 pm

I just bought a 1701 loader for my 340. Got a good price ($350), but it's pretty rusty from sitting outside. Arm cylinders are fine, but the bucket cylinder leaks and needs to be rebuilt. But that's all do-able. Here's my problem: the holes the pins go through where the arms pivot to the frame are worn and elongated from wear. The pins are almost falling out. I've been told that this is a common problem with used loaders and backhoes and that replacement pins and bushings can be purchased. Apparently you weld the bushing plate over the top of the old hole. Does anyone have experience doing this? Where would you find parts such as these - I assume they are generic and not necessarily IH items.



Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I noticed a pretty good supply of different sized bushings at TSC today when I was browsing there store.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:56 am

Paul. That's what I did with my front bucket when the arm was built. I made the holes in the sides big enough to accept a bushing on each side or one cut in half and installed the pins back through everything to line things up and then welded around the bushings. Then use a grinder to flaten things down on the outside and you won't be able to tell a repair was ever done