This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacement Loader Parts

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Replacement Loader Parts

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 pm

I just bought a 1701 loader for my 340. Got a good price ($350), but it's pretty rusty from sitting outside. Arm cylinders are fine, but the bucket cylinder leaks and needs to be rebuilt. But that's all do-able. Here's my problem: the holes the pins go through where the arms pivot to the frame are worn and elongated from wear. The pins are almost falling out. I've been told that this is a common problem with used loaders and backhoes and that replacement pins and bushings can be purchased. Apparently you weld the bushing plate over the top of the old hole. Does anyone have experience doing this? Where would you find parts such as these - I assume they are generic and not necessarily IH items.

Thanks

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I noticed a pretty good supply of different sized bushings at TSC today when I was browsing there store.
Then came Bronson

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:56 am

Paul. That's what I did with my front bucket when the arm was built. I made the holes in the sides big enough to accept a bushing on each side or one cut in half and installed the pins back through everything to line things up and then welded around the bushings. Then use a grinder to flaten things down on the outside and you won't be able to tell a repair was ever done
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”