This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

another epay !

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

another epay !

Postby artc » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:21 am

'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:05 pm

You know what Barnum said about born every minute. I have see used parts on Epay go for more than a new one at my dealer. Plus they had to pay shipping.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:41 pm

I already knew the NOS pair I got for $4 was a good deal! I had already bought the 9N for $700 and had made the 40 mile round trip to get the trailer and got back just in time to bid. The 9N was an even better bargain! Here it is after a little work: :shock:

http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Tractors/Ford/%2741%5F9N/13.jpg
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Is that gray (grey) primer George?
Where is the red?

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:37 pm

beaconlight wrote:Is that gray (grey) primer George?
Where is the red?

Bill

Bill,

It's a 9N. There isn't supposed to be any red. My other one doesn't have any red either. Most people look at the 641 and wonder why it IS red.
George Willer

Dave1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:04 pm

George, the little Ford looks good. What brand and number is the paint that you used ?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:14 pm

Dave1 wrote:George, the little Ford looks good. What brand and number is the paint that you used ?

Dave,

It's Tisco early Ford. Here's what a little careful work can do.

George Willer

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:52 am

George,
That's looks like the "after" pic is a NOS Ford you've stored in your garage for years!! :wink: And you must have snuck in my barn to take that "before" pic of my 9N. :o
Larry

Dave1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:33 am

I like the color. Not very familiar with the Fords or Fergusons, but isn't this color close to the Fergie paint color ? Did you use hardner in paint ? If so what kind ? P.S. - I've fixed some IH grilles that were pretty bad, but not as bad as yours. It looks really good.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:32 am

I know fords like that didn't use red. I get hit by owning green too so I just thought that I would share the wealth.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:52 am

beaconlight wrote:I know fords like that didn't use red. I get hit by owning green too so I just thought that I would share the wealth.

Bill

Bill,

In addition to the two shades of green I also have flambeau red, persian orange, and two different shades of red in addition to IH. They all get along just fine with the other color... rust.
George Willer

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:20 pm

Yes don't we all have a lot of that Rust color. I am at the library up state NY at the moment. Just left a couple of auctions. The first one was a tree service, sawmill. People bid international telephone numbers for old rusty junk. I went from that to a dude ranch closing auction. Prices were more reasonable. There was a small spreader and a cultivator as well as a Kemp shreader that went reasonable. A running H that sounded good went for $1050.00. It was that rust color. I have no need for something that big so I was not a bidder.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Joe Shaffer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joe Shaffer » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:45 am

George, that's a nice looking 9N. Let me ask an unfair question. For a "keep around the place" tractor how do you compare the 9N to the Cub? I had an 8N wich I was not happy with. Reverse was as fast as 2nd, hard starting, etc. My Cub is a clean working tractor, I need something like this on the place, but it is getting harder to on and off (probably has to do with my age :lol: ). But, I'm not sure what I would ever replace it with.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:52 am

Joe Shaffer wrote:George, that's a nice looking 9N. Let me ask an unfair question. For a "keep around the place" tractor how do you compare the 9N to the Cub? I had an 8N wich I was not happy with. Reverse was as fast as 2nd, hard starting, etc. My Cub is a clean working tractor, I need something like this on the place, but it is getting harder to on and off (probably has to do with my age :lol: ). But, I'm not sure what I would ever replace it with.

Joe,

That's not an unfair question if you tell me which of your children is best! :shock:

My Fords are like the Cubs... each one has a specific job to do. I HATE to change implements. I have 2 9Ns and a 641. I restored an 8N just because of the transmission... I wanted the 3rd gear for mowing. Problem is my oldest son decided he wanted it too! The Fords are much better suited to mowing with 6' mowers, but the 9Ns are slower since they have to run in 2nd gear. Starting isn't a problem with any of them.

My Cubs far outnumber the Fords. :D

Maybe if you add a step to your Cub you can keep on loving it?

http://photos.toast.net/gwill/Cub_step
George Willer

Joe Shaffer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joe Shaffer » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:59 am

The difficulty with getting on/off the Cub has to do with the depth control lever. It's a one point hitch and the lever is permanently mounted. I have seen depth controls which have a lower profile and are cranked. Also the seat is the upgrade square type with arm and back rests. I have had both types of seats and the pan type seemed easier to get in or out of. The 8N I had wasn't bad getting on/off but I just didn't care a lot for the tractor despite the fact that it was a show tractor. A sherman transmission may have made a difference but I was not mechanic enough to get the engine fine tuned to where I like 'em. Do you know whether the lever can be switched out with a crank without a lot of changing? Would prefer to hang onto the Cub because I know what it is and I have seven attachments.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”