Switch to full style
All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Re: Sears Corn Sheller

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm

If the following link does not come up with the John Deere hand operated corn sheller.
Select equipment search then type in "sheller". The hand operated sheller should be the first machine.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com. ... ervlet_Alt

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Belt pulley J bolts to flyweel :shock: :shock: Dont wanna be within 100 feet when u belt it up to a cub n let the clutch out :lol: :lol: :)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 am

You could copy the "Polish speed reducer" that I use, for the corn grinder. Its a cub final drive. Feed the pto power, into the upper axle, and attach a pulley, to the wheel hub. Perfect speed, for my corn grinder. Ed

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Barnyard I wish I had so much time on my hands, as I am and plan to get old , I think I will keep on hand cranking mine. But that said at the Rough & Tumble in Kinzers they have the whole operation mounted on one trailer, sheller,grinder or hammermill and the separator running on one engine,hit miss or power unit. I would like to do a setup with my power unit and the 4-E , I also picked up a meadows mill stone mill, as I said I wish I had just a little more time on my hand........now!!!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Denny Clayton wrote:
Bill Hudson wrote:Check this link for the IH sheller:

http://www.old-engine.com/keystone.htm

Will mine work better if I dress like the guy in the pic or would I be okay wearing just my clown suit?

Bill, better go for the clown suit. That way we will recognize you! :shock: :lol:

Here a couple of pics of my McCormick Deering sheller for a comparison of their similarities. I've seen them both ways, but this one has a slip clutch on the hand crank.

Post a reply