Update on my water in cylinders problem. I removed the wet sleeves and found that some type of reaction between the sleeve and anti freeze caused the fit between the engine block to become pitted. All of the sleeves were pitted to a degree. At least one cylinder was pitted enough to allow the antifreeze to go around the oring and into the crankcase. Maybe while I was using the backhoe I didn' notice the increase in temp and probably blew the head gasket, also. The price for 4 new sleeves at JD was $720. I decided to use JB weld and and use silicone gasket maker around the orings to further reduce the chance of leaking. It sounds slipshod, but looked pretty neat. I would have used an engine block sealant but at the time I didn't know exactly what was wrong, ie, a cracked cylinder or worse. The JD dealer was very helpful with my problem, but wouldn't give me a price break in purchasing the new sleeves no matter how much I pee'ed and moaned.
It runs very good now but I haven't worked it hard yet. Man. I really missed that tractor over the winter. It there was ever a tractor made that could keep you warm on a cold winters night,,,,nah, I wont go there!
So if you have a diesel engine with the wet sleeves make certain you use the additives or anti freeze with additives and change it on a regular basis. If you take care of your tractor, your tractor will take care of you! That may be an original thought. Anyway, thanks for the advice.